FORUMS: list search recent posts

PDW-F1600 no SD output?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Schaulin-Rioux
PDW-F1600 no SD output?
on Dec 7, 2011 at 11:32:00 pm

Hi all,

recently got a SONY PDW-f1600 deck. Have been mainly using it to ingest XDCAM discs into Avid using PC Remote. Now trying to use the built in downconvert to SD-SDI output and the deck isn't sending a signal (to a monitor or avid) out. The composite out is dead as well.

We're shooting 1080p 23.98 XDCAM discs, and they work fine in PC Remote & send a signal through the HD-SDI.

Is there a setting to tell the deck to send the downconvert signal out SD-SDI or is this an optional install we dont' have or ...?

Thanks for any help

- Jeremy
jschaulinrioux@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: PDW-F1600 no SD output?
on Dec 8, 2011 at 7:23:40 pm

You need to set the system frequency to 1080/59.94i. 24p SD output is only available with pulldown, and setting the deck to 50i/60i enables the pulldown. It also enables a Pull Down Preset menu so you can set the A-frame if you need to (to keep track of the 24p/60i TC relationship). System frequency is Setup Menu 13. If you don't see menu 13, enable the Extended Menus. Do this by going to Maintenance Menu (Shift + Home + Menu) --> M4 Setup Maintenance --> M40 Extended Menu Enable/Disable.

Ian Cook
Sony Broadcast and Professional Services

Return to posts index

Jeremy Schaulin-Rioux
Re: PDW-F1600 no SD output?
on Dec 9, 2011 at 12:32:17 am

Thanks Ian Cook, that totally solved my problem. You even included the menu #'s for the deck!

Thanks so much

- Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]