FORUMS: list search recent posts

PDW-700 won't FTP.

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Heap
PDW-700 won't FTP.
on Nov 23, 2011 at 12:35:09 pm

Hi all

I've spent all day trying to get my 700 to FTP files via Sony Vegas. And it just won't do it no matter what I try. Same for the PDZ-1 browsing software from Sony.My new laptop doesn't have Firewire or I'd happily go that route.

But stangely it will transfer files using Filezilla to FTP them to my HDD. I would like to be able to do it via Vegas so that I can edit with proxy files and then conform to HD.

I've been trying the "Import XDCAM Disc" command in Vegas and it seems to be communicating with the camera. I get the message "Copying XDCAM metadata. 0%" but before the 0% can start climbing I get an error message that says "The XDCAM disc import process failed".

I've read the camera manual, the Vegas manual and even my PDW-700 Field Guide and made sure the camera is in the correct mode; not playing back, Menu off, cache off, etc but no go. All the settings seem to be correct.

I downloaded the very latest version of Vegas 11, updated the camera firmware and loaded the latest FAM driver (which I don't think is even used when using FTP)but to no avail.

I suppose my next step will be to edit with the HD files if I can't solve the problem. What am I missing? Any ideas?

cheers

Peter Heap
Sydney

Return to posts index

Tim Bradley
Re: PDW-700 won't FTP.
on Nov 25, 2011 at 5:28:18 am

Hi Peter,

There is a new version of Sony's Xdcam Browser Version 2. There are versions for both Mac and PC and as it is only just released may have new functionality in it that will help you FTP via Vegas. I downloaded it from Sony Canada's site. May be worth a try !

Cheers, Tim.

Tim Bradley
http://www.sydneycameraman.com.au

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]