FORUMS: list search recent posts

PDW-U1 Utility Software MacPro problem.

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sarah Bright
PDW-U1 Utility Software MacPro problem.
on Jul 27, 2011 at 4:37:53 pm

I'm having issues copying things onto XDCAM Disk from my Macbook pro.

I've installed PDW-U1 Utility Driver Version: 2.3.1 and Firmware Version: 2.450.

The Macbook can see there's a disk and read it etc but the problem I'm having is writing to disk and formatting the disk.

any ideas?

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: PDW-U1 Utility Software MacPro problem.
on Jul 27, 2011 at 5:29:03 pm

Hi Sarah,

What happens when you try to write/format? Are you formatting from the U-1 Utility app?

A few things to be aware of (in case you aren't already):

-You can only copy XDCAM MXF files to the /CLIP folder.

-Generic data needs to go in /General or /User Data. User Data has no capacity limit; General has a 500 MB capacity limit.

-If the MXFs have unique names you need to enable freeform naming in the utility app under User Settings/Naming Form/Free.

If you can provide a bit more info on the problem we can hopefully get things sorted out. Also pls let me know the Mac OS version you are currently running.

Ian

Ian Cook
Sony Broadcast and Professional Company

Return to posts index

Sarah Bright
on Jul 28, 2011 at 8:22:50 am

Hi Ian,
Naming form is already set to Free. We have to copy consolidates of films to the User Data Folder.

Are you formatting from the U-1 Utility app? Yes
What happens when you try to write/format? Nothing... in the U1 Utility, I go to format but Start is never click-able (the disk isn't write protected at this point).

It worked once before from start to finish, then when it came to doing it again a month or so later, I could only manage to get it to start formatting. It got to about 90% and said the disk was corrupt (it was a new disk).

This deck works on a mac tower fine, it's just a pain because this is the Online Laptop and this is the reason for me having it. To run deliverables for clients.

Running Mac OS X Version 10.6.7

Sarah

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Jul 28, 2011 at 4:40:42 pm

Hi Sarah,

Can you bump the driver version up to 2.3.2 when you have a moment? I'd also re-install the firmware (included with the utility) after updating the driver. You can find the download here:

http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/micro-xdcam/resource.downloads.bbsccms-assets-...

The drive is not write protected in the utility itself? Typically when formats/writes are unavailable and the drive/disc are write-ready it's because something else is interfering with the driver routine. This can be antivirus software (rare on a standalone Mac, I understand) or other UDF/optical disc software.

Ian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]