PDW-U1 drivers

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Towgood
PDW-U1 drivers
on Apr 28, 2011 at 1:29:34 am

Hello.

I have a strange situation on my hands.

We have two Final cut pro 7 systems working on identical Mac Pros , but 2 different individuals installed the PDW-U1 drivers on their respective machines.

Now the exact same PDW-U1 machine and exact same XDcam professional disk mount completely differently on the 2 systems. One system sees it correctly as an XDCAM disk and displays the proper icon. The other system displays it as a generic white drive icon. Inside each, the contents of the same disk are listed completely differently too.

On the machine that displays the correct icon XDCAM browser has no problems registering the clips for Final Cut, but on the other system XDCAM browser doesn't even see the files.

Can someone explain to me what is going on and how to correct this. As usual we have a client deadline that is making us all very stressed.

Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

Bill Towgood
Re: PDW-U1 drivers
on Apr 28, 2011 at 6:09:09 pm

Turns out that the driver for the PDW-u1 is readily accessible on the Sony site, but the site doesn't play nice with Safari. Using Google chrome solved the download issue. And after installing the DMG entitled XDCAMDriveSoftware the problem has been resolved.

Hope this info helps anyone else struggling with this problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]