FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony FAM Driver ProDisc PDW F-350 Connection

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Blumer
Sony FAM Driver ProDisc PDW F-350 Connection
on Feb 23, 2011 at 4:35:38 am

Greetings. My first time posting. I read the rules, which say no technical questions? But there appear to be a few helpful answers to a few technical questions... so here it goes:

I have a PDW F-350. I use it at work. I have a new custom built computer at home. The way it should work is I hook up the camera to the computer via firewire and the computer reads the camera as a hard drive. I would ingest files or export files to the XDCam drive. This works fine at work... but not on my new computer at home. My computer is set to the FAM mode - and both the camera and the computer do acknowledge each other when connected. They connect, but not in the right way.

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I have downloaded the latest FAM (file access mode) driver version 2.3 and the PDZ Browser software version 2.7 (the same at work.) I have installed and uninstalled a number of times to no avail. My computer does not read the camera as a DRIVE with files. It reads it as an unknown device, which is useless. HELP Please?

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Sony FAM Driver ProDisc PDW F-350 Connection
on Feb 24, 2011 at 6:14:41 pm

Most common cause of this is DVD playing/burning software (Roxio etc). Check and see if you have WinDVD or any Roxio DVD programs installed. They often have services running in the background that interfere with the ProDisc driver routine.

Certain Antivirus programs can also cause issues. If you're running AV software try disabling any type of on-access scan feature.

Best,

Ian

Ian Cook
Sony Broadcast and Professional Company

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]