FORUMS: list search recent posts

formatting XDCAM discs advice

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danny Lewis
formatting XDCAM discs advice
on Jan 25, 2011 at 12:51:24 am

i just received an entire archive of XDCAM tapes and was told to format them clean for recording.

they come in all different vendors, but they all say 'rewritable' on them. does that mean that there is a way to format these discs? I've tried putting them into XDCAM transfer, but i couldn't find anything related to formatting the discs.

Is there a way to format them other than using the camera to do so?

Return to posts index

Mitch Jordan
Re: formatting XDCAM discs advice
on Jan 27, 2011 at 4:21:00 pm

Are you using a U-1 drive? You can format a disk by opening the U-1 Utility software. Look under "Disk Operation" and then "Format".

Return to posts index

Piotr Niemcewicz
on May 28, 2011 at 10:58:25 am

and You can format in camera

simple quick format in basic menu (i use PDW-530 in local TV to make news and alway quick format disc before first shoot)

Return to posts index

Peter Nowak
on Sep 13, 2012 at 2:13:26 pm

I need qucick help, I have to format an XDCAM disc, but I dont have camera, I can use Sony Player PDW-1500 or PDW-HD1500. What is the quickest way to format a disc? Could you explain it step by step please? Thanks

Return to posts index

Mitch Jordan
on Sep 13, 2012 at 3:04:56 pm

On the PDW-1500, you need to use the Disc Menu. It's to the right of the red record button. You'll have to hold the shift button at the same time. Scroll down the menu until you see "Format disc". Make sure the deck is set up to the format that you want first.

Return to posts index

Peter Nowak
on Sep 15, 2012 at 12:41:42 pm

Thank you very much for a quick reply, helped me a lot:) I didnt know about shift, so couldnt enter disc menu.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]