FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Multiclip sequences PDW XDCam HD (HDV) mixed with Z5 HDV

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Simpson
FCP Multiclip sequences PDW XDCam HD (HDV) mixed with Z5 HDV
on Nov 22, 2010 at 9:56:40 pm

I'm toying with purchasing a second hand PDW F330, rather than a new EX1 or 3, as the stock lens on the EX1 & 3 is a bit short, and it would nice to have a more 'pro' camera for freelance work, while I do bread and butter event videography multicam shoots invariably on V1, Z5s outdoor sports, usually ending with a transcode of HDV to 7-8 streams of Pro Res for HD multiclip sequences in FCP.

Obviously I'd like the flexibility to use the camera in both roles. It reads like the Canon 1/2 lens 19x is a good lens, at the telephoto end, the 20x zoom on the V1, Z5, is very useful, so 14x on the EX a little bit short the media optical disc is cheap, and robust.

Anybody had any experience/problems mixing it's flavour of HDV with the standard prosumer fare from the V and Z? Do they play nice in an FCP multiclip workflow? Usually I find if the frame size and frame rate are right FCP can handle it, will play nice in a multiclip, even if I have upres 720P minicam footage in Compressor.

Anyone? Any gotchas with the F330 (I don't have F350 money, although not too bothered about under or overcranking)?

I sometimes work with a producer who insists on DVcam for editing in post, so despite the crew having HD cams we all shoot card based DVCam, there's a card copying session end of shoot, how quick is it to lay off DVCam shot on to optical disk, is it file based copy and paste, or a real time, affair?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]