FORUMS: list search recent posts

Proxy file has TC embedded...how do I display?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Brown
Proxy file has TC embedded...how do I display?
on Aug 24, 2010 at 6:47:31 pm

I have some proxy versions from our PDW700...created by exporting proxy movies to file from XDCAM transfer.

If I bring these h264 files into FCP, I can see accurate Time Code in the metadata. How do I display the time code with a simple playback? Quicktime doesn't allow a "display timecode overlay" option...

I know ProxyMill allows for transcoding with a TC window read from the file...but I'd have to retranscode the file...

-Jason

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Proxy file has TC embedded...how do I display?
on Aug 24, 2010 at 7:31:56 pm

Hi Jason,

I'm pretty sure this is not possible in QT 10, which does not have TC display. If you install QT 7 (from your OS install disc, not the Apple site) you can click on the counter and you'll get a drop down window that allows you to toggle the time display between a counter and TC.

Hope this is helpful..

best,

Ian

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Aug 24, 2010 at 8:14:26 pm

[Ian Cook] "I'm pretty sure this is not possible in QT 10"

I was hoping this wasn't the case...I know of the option for display in QT7...but they removed it in QTX and I have several people on Snow Leopard...just one more * in the workflow :)

If you find a quick way to access TC for display with QTX, please let me know...it will come up as an issue as more people port over to SL. And tell the Sony developers thanks for putting TC into the proxy version...I wasn't expecting that - I was pleasantly surprised.

-Jason

Return to posts index

Morten Raarup
on Aug 25, 2010 at 7:50:31 pm

Just use Sonys XDCAM transfer ( for MAC) or PDZ for PC. I use it when my clients wants ref. files.
I put the PC and Mac instaler on a USB stick before the shoot. When I'm done I copy the proxies form my F800 directly to the USB and give it to the client. Very easy and fast - and the clients loves it.

Morten Raarup
On Off Line
Copenhagen, Denmark

Sony PDW-F800, AVID Symphony Nitris, FCP 7

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]