FORUMS: list search recent posts

MEM REC NG Warning on PDW-f800

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gregg Goodwin
MEM REC NG Warning on PDW-f800
on Jul 14, 2010 at 9:02:08 pm

Just got my F800 in and am curious about the warning message above I get when I start rolling. I've got the memory cache turned off because I don't want to record in free run time code, and I get the warning "MEM REC NG." I'm assuming that is just letting me know that the cache is not functioning, but I can't find any mention of it in the Sony Manual or in the Vortex Guide. The recordings are fine and the camera functions great, I just hate seeing something in the viewfinder that says NG.

GOODWINHD.COM

Return to posts index

Gregg Goodwin
Re: MEM REC NG Warning on PDW-f800
on Jul 16, 2010 at 3:17:43 pm

Just got the answer from Mark at Vortex Media: "That error has to do with proxy recording. You have the camera setup to record proxy files to a USB device, but there's no USB device connected to the camera. See page 191 of the Vortex Field Guide for details on how to change the settings." Mystery solved thanks to Mark.

GOODWINHD.COM

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: MEM REC NG Warning on PDW-f800
on Aug 2, 2010 at 3:48:07 pm

Hi Greg,

That's coming up because you have USB Proxy recording enabled. Disable 'Memory Rec' in Menu O-30 and those warnings will go away. That should only be turned on when you are doing simultaneous Proxy recording to a USB drive.

The USB port itself will remain power-enabled unless you disable it in menu O-07.

Best,

Ian

Ian Cook
Sony Broadcast and Professional Company

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]