FORUMS: list search recent posts

Here's one I hope someone has heard of...

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Dennis
Here's one I hope someone has heard of...
on Jul 4, 2010 at 7:04:26 pm

We use Sony PDW-F700 XDCAM camcorders with Anton Bauer Dionic 90 batteries. Right now, I'm in Hawaii on an assignment, and it appears that my Quad charger is flaking out on me - either that, or the batteries' microprocessors were damaged on the airplane ride over. What is happening is that the battery shows one bar across the LCD readout, and it flashes about 1x a second. When I use the paperclip trick on the display it resets it back to normal; however, when I put the battery on the Quad charger it will sit for anywhere from 30 seconds to 30 minutes as if it were charging normally - then the charger starts flashing alternating red and green as if it were evaluating the battery, and the LCD display on the battery goes back to the flashing single bar. Being in Hawaii and far removed from home base, naturally this could be considered a problem. It appears as though the batteries are drawing a charge, albeit a slow one (it took all night to raise one battery from 15 min to 45 min remaining), but I'm assuming the "lifesaver" feature of the charger is on the blink. Is there anyone who has experienced a similar issue, and what was done to correct it (short of sending the whole kit and kaboodle back to Anton Bauer, which I'm reluctant to do at this point because I have a week left on my assignment). Thanks.

"A generation which ignores history has no past and no future." -- Robert Heinlein

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]