FORUMS: list search recent posts

PDW-F75 No Support! message

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kenton VanNatten
PDW-F75 No Support! message
on Feb 22, 2010 at 6:29:47 pm

I have access to a PDW-F75 and a PDW-U1. I load a new 50GB disc into the F75 and it formats it, then I take that disc and load it into my U1. Then in Avid, I select my sequence and export to XDCam Device. After it's completed, I open the XDCam Transfer Utility to double-check everything is written to the disc correctly. Then I take the disc to the F75 to see if I can play it back, but I'm getting "No Support!" on the F75's display screen.

I realize that this is probably because the disc was formatted as 1080i/59.94 and this particular sequence is SD and exported at MPEG50. However, I thought it was possible to mix and match SD/HD on an XD disc provided the frame rates were comparable (which in this case they should be).

Any advice?

Kenton VanNatten
Avid Editor (for hire)

Return to posts index

Curt Pair
Re: PDW-F75 No Support! message
on Mar 30, 2010 at 3:24:43 am

Kenton,

I think your problem is that the F75 doesn't support the IMX codec. That's the issue. You'd need a 1500 or a 1600 deck to accomplish this. The 70 series decks only utilize DVCam in SD; not IMX.

Is it possible to export a DVCam 25 Mbps SD clip onto a disc and test that? It should work just fine.

Curt

Curt Pair
Picture This Productions
Sony ICE Team
F900/F800/F350/PDW700/EX1/EX3/D790/D600
Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 HD/Matrox
Phoenix, AZ

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]