FORUMS: list search recent posts

PDW-HD1500 - Final Cut Pro export to Sony XDCAM error

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Berglund
PDW-HD1500 - Final Cut Pro export to Sony XDCAM error
on Jan 22, 2010 at 4:29:58 pm

I have a sequence in Final Cut Pro with XDCAM HD422 1080i50. When I try to export going via the "File > Export > Sony XDCAM" menu, choose "XDCAM HD422 1080i50 CBR" and hit the "Export" button.

On a 5 minute clip, I get this error message after 8% of exporting. In the system.log in Mac OS X there is a "write error 138" reported by the XDCAM exporter.

If I set an out point to reduce the in-point to just 5 secons, the export is successful. If I try 1 minute, the export fails. If I check "recompress all frames" and export the 1 minute clip, the export is successful.

Waiting for Final Cut Pro to recompress all frames takes too long on a new MacBook Pro 17-inch. 1 minute takes about 4 minutes to recompress.

I am running Mac OS X 10.5.8, Final Cut Pro 6.0.4, QuickTime 7.6.4, XDCAM Transfer 2.11, and firmware version 1.51 on the PDW-HD1500.

I have set the audio outputs of my sequence to 8 tracks dual mono discrete, and set each audio track to go 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-4 and so on. The video settings are XDCAM HD422 1080i50 50Mb.

I have checked that the settings on the PDW-HD1500 is set to HD422, 50i, 8ch 24-bit. Are there any other settings I might have overlooked?

Any suggestions? I would really appreciate some help.

Return to posts index

Alister Chapman
Re: PDW-HD1500 - Final Cut Pro export to Sony XDCAM error
on Jan 24, 2010 at 9:15:24 pm

My guess is that there is a clip in the timeline that's causing this. Are there any non XDCAM HD clips in the project, any HDV or nanoflash files for example? Anything that isn't native XDCAM may need to be forced to render.

Alister Chapman
http://www.xdcam-user.com

Return to posts index

Thomas Berglund
on Jan 25, 2010 at 6:36:51 am

Thanks for the reply Alister!

There was only one continuous XDCAM HD422 1080i50 (50Mb) clip on the timeline. I find it very strange that exporting 5-30 seconds works, but anything over that fails almost every time. Could it be related to GOP-structure?

I will have to do some more testing. Exactly what settings on the PDW-HD1500 deck do I need to check?

If you have any other tips or suggestions, please share.

Return to posts index

Yeow Keong Oh
on Jan 5, 2011 at 9:35:55 am

Hi Thomas,

so did you manage to solve the problem? I am having the same problem as well.

Return to posts index

Thomas Berglund
on Feb 3, 2011 at 11:51:18 pm

Sorry for the slow response time.

Our only workaround was to check "Recompress frames" when export failed. Other than that we just had to make completely sure that all settings matched the specs of the disc. Disc needs to be formated with the exact same audio bit depth you want to output. You might want to try reformatting the disc in camera and in the PDW-HD1500, to see if there is any difference.

We do very little XDCAM disc export these days. We were required to do some of it during the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olymics though.

An other tip that might help, is to check all the render options in the Sequence Render menus, and hit Render. By doing that, you ensure that the GOP conforming is done before export. You should see a "Conforming MPEG-2 video" dialog window popping up if you have made any edits in your sequence before rendering.

Please let us know how things work for you, and if you have found other workarounds.

Return to posts index

Yeow Keong Oh
on Feb 4, 2011 at 6:11:41 pm

Thanks for the reply and tips Thomas.

The reason I did not check re-compress all frames was because our clips are very long so it will take forever. I will try your methods to see if it will be better. Currently I am have intermitens cases so its kind of difficult to check what is causing the problem.

Thsnkd sgsin Thomas, will update if I found anything new.

YK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]