FORUMS: list search recent posts

changing a clip number PDW-F75

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kenton VanNatten
changing a clip number PDW-F75
on Jan 19, 2010 at 7:45:34 pm

I have been archiving programs (via crash recording my Avid sequence over HD-SDI) to XDCam disc as a Master for a client. The other day, the client noted that clip#4 on the disc is the wrong version of the final program so I want to re-master the correct version to disc.

My dilemma is that this disc has 7 or 8 archived programs on it to date and we have set up a system where program 1 = clip 1 and it's timecode starts at 1 hr, program 2 = clip 2 and TC starts at 2 hrs and so on.

I want to delete clip 4, re-record it with the TC start at 4 hrs and have the Clip Name be 004 on the disc rather than 009 or whatever would come next sequentially.

Is it possible? I've looked through the manual and tried it with a test disc and can't seem to re-assign the Clip Number to 004. Any help is appreciated.

BTW, I'm using the PDW-F75

Kenton VanNatten
Avid Editor (for hire)

Return to posts index

Curt Pair
Re: changing a clip number PDW-F75
on Mar 30, 2010 at 3:28:43 am

Kenton this process IS possible. Here's what you would end up doing... You would have to set up the TC as you regularly would. You can NAME the clip "004" or what ever.

The thing to remember here is that these are DATA FILES and most decks can look at the "name" of the clip as a sorting system, or the TC as a sorting system, or the ORDER/DATE in which they were created as a sorting system...

If you aren't "naming" the clips, you should be. It's easy to set up in the Menu's. This will help in this regard. You can also go back, in the "disc menu" and "rename" the other clips.

Then use "sort" and have it select the names of the clips instead of creation date or TC... BUT: the TC should also work as a sorting method as well...

Curt

Curt Pair
Picture This Productions
Sony ICE Team
F900/F800/F350/PDW700/EX1/EX3/D790/D600
Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 HD/Matrox
Phoenix, AZ

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]