FORUMS: list search recent posts

exporting via Final Cut Pro to PDW700

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kimberly Holmes
exporting via Final Cut Pro to PDW700
on Jan 19, 2010 at 5:12:34 am

Hello, I've edited several interview sequences of around 2 mins. each. I'm exporting them to XDCAM via firewire connected to a Sony PDW700 XDCAM camcorder. I've exported several of them successfully over to the XDCAM disc in the camera, but one of the sequences keeps failing at the last step of the export... everything looks good, but then an error message comes up "export failed." I can't find any differences between this sequence and the others that have exported okay. I've got ample space on the disc for the sequence. Any ideas? If any one has faced similar issues, let me know how you handled it. These sequences are XDCAM HD422 1080i60, 50mb. I lay them back to XDCAM and then play them out of the camera from the SDI port to down-convert them to SD with my Kona 3 card, to achieve high quality. Thanks for any help. Of course I'm up against a deadline :)

Return to posts index

Kimberly Holmes
Re: exporting via Final Cut Pro to PDW700
on Jan 19, 2010 at 5:33:26 am

Solved my problem by checking the box "recompress all frames," on the export page. Did not have to do this for other sequences, but this seemed to do the trick for the sequence that would not export.

Edward R. Murrow on Television
"This instrument can teach, it can illuminate, yes, and even it can inspire. But it can do so only to the extent that humans are determined to use it to those ends. Otherwise it's nothing but wires and lights in a box."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]