FORUMS: list search recent posts

PDWF800 Demo Test Video

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Isaac Rodriguez
PDWF800 Demo Test Video
on Jul 16, 2009 at 9:31:19 pm

I had a chance to test out the F800 this weekend.
Check out the clip & my report.
Let me know your own experience with it or just your feedback.
Thanks

http://vimeo.com/channels/51876

Return to posts index

John Cummings
Re: PDWF800 Demo Test Video
on Jul 19, 2009 at 12:24:54 pm

Looks nice Isaac!

What music did you use for the europe stuff?

J Cummings
Cameralogic/Chicago
cameralogic.tv
HDX-900/HDW-730S/DXC-D50

Return to posts index

Isaac Rodriguez
on Jul 19, 2009 at 5:55:10 pm

Thanks John
The music was from a royalty free library that comes with Sound Track Pro. Title: Que Bonito

Return to posts index

Peter Beeh
on Jul 20, 2009 at 3:37:11 am

Hi Isaac - thanks for posting this. The low angle kids looking up to the sky struck me most, in particlar the amount of colour left in the sky and the smooth roll off through the highlight. You write this was shot with hypergamma. I'm curious to know which one? Also, was it all shot with hypergamma, and how did you grade it? And lastly, where / how did you seek to set your skin tone exposure when using hypergamma. The couple of plays I've had with my 700 leaves me with the impression that I would need to stop down a quite a bit more that I otherwise would with a standard gamma setting...
Thanks,
Peter

Return to posts index

Isaac Rodriguez
on Aug 5, 2009 at 5:28:49 am

Hi Peter
Thanks. If I remember I used Hypergamma 4. Under user gamma I tweeked R+ by about 20 units. Having never shot with a 700, this was all new to me so I just had fun with it. I actually turned everything magenta at one point. Once i found a look that worked I stuck with it. Otherwise the set up was out of the box from Sony. As far as stopping down for the gamma settings, I really had at that time, no point of reference to compare so no answer for you on that one. However I will say that, in my B&W viewfinder, what seemed overexposed on the last two clips of the edited segment, for which I closed down the iris quite a bit, actually was not a true representation of the latitude the camera gave me. When I got the footage into FCP I realized that I had overcompensated. Operator error. :) I'm chalking it up to not knowing the camera & it's capabilities as I intimately know my F350 & what it can do under most circumstances.

Cheers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]