FORUMS: list search recent posts

F900/3 Color Viewfinder

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gregg Goodwin
F900/3 Color Viewfinder
on Mar 1, 2009 at 9:15:20 pm

I own a F900/3 with the Sony color viewfinder. The viewfinder is great, but the rotation is loose and I can't figure out how to tighten it up. When it is in the standard viewing position it tends to drift downwards and I have to constantly re-adjust it up to my eye. I have taken the mount apart to try to fix it but have not been able to find anywhere to adjust the resistance. Has anyone else experienced this?

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
Re: F900/3 Color Viewfinder
on Mar 10, 2009 at 7:20:31 am

There are a couple spring clips that need to be bent a bit. If you can't get a tech to fix it, I can do it for you. Lemeno.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Return to posts index

Gregg Goodwin
on Mar 11, 2009 at 7:55:15 pm

Thanks for the reply. are those clips inside the round ring that attaches to the viewfinder, the one that the viewfinder cable runs thru?

GOODWINHD.COM

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
on Mar 12, 2009 at 7:08:11 am

I have no idea whatsoever. I just rip stuff apart and put it back together. My father used to mug me for that. I'm in my 52nd year of that behavior. I know that I ripped a Schwinn apart when I was 8.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Return to posts index

Curt Pair
on May 11, 2009 at 11:29:46 pm

Hey Gregg,

If that DOESN'T work... VF gadgets and even BAND PRO in LA sell different locking mechanisms for viewfinders.

I had the same problem with my F900("/2" then made into a "/3"). I tried all sorts of stuff... I got so fed up with it... I bought a NEW bracket!

I no longer have that camera... I still have the bracket though! I just put it on an F800! It LOCKS on BOTH sides too! That's the sweet part!

Call James Lee at 16 X 9 Inc in LA, or Nir Reeches at Band Pro in LA (they are in the same building!) Tell them you are a buddy of mine (cuz you are!) and they'll give you a great price... Should be less than $300!

Call me if you want, we can discuss further!

Curt Pair
Picture This Productions
Sony ICE Team
F900/F800/F350/PDW700/EX1/EX3/D790/D600
Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 HD/Matrox
Phoenix, AZ

Return to posts index

Gregg Goodwin
on May 14, 2009 at 9:48:35 pm

Thanks for the info, Curt. I looked on their websites but couldn't find it, I'll give them a call. Keep up the good work!

GOODWINHD.COM

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]