FORUMS: list search recent posts

CineAlta? What are benefits of it compared to DV OR similar

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mandeep singh
CineAlta? What are benefits of it compared to DV OR similar
on Feb 13, 2009 at 8:57:17 am

I am new to this buissness so my question is very broad. I have to make a music video , earlier i have been using digibeta or hdv for projects. Mostly the digital camera i have used is sony DSR 450.
But now i am trying to go beyond this to full hd production. And i also want to attempt to get as much close to a 16mm cine quality, and i have been suggested to use sony cinealta f900 , as all instruments and table will be rented so i dont have to worry about hardware. My only question to more experienced people on creative cow is that , can i have some advantage of using cinealta line up , will it also require more expensive editing etc ? And above all is it worth it .

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Steve Wargo
Re: CineAlta? What are benefits of it compared to DV OR similar
on Feb 18, 2009 at 4:43:30 am

Till now, the expensive part of using the F-900 was the fact that you usually had to record to tape and then rent a deck. However, these days, there are several on-board HDDs or solid state recorders that do away with the need for a deck. Another work around is to record straight into you edit system using a multi-bridge or other device. The camera itself works great.

The F-900 was designed to be used where film was used traditionally. It has a long record of success and it rents every day.

You need to do a test.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Return to posts index

mandeep singh
Re: CineAlta? What are benefits of it compared to DV OR similar
on Feb 19, 2009 at 5:52:13 am

Thank you so much sir. That was a very relieving response i have decided to go ahead with cinealta f900 for shoot . Ill post my work in progress and experience with it here on creative cow . Thanks again Mr.Wargo.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]