FORUMS: list search recent posts

Used F900 Shopping - Helpful Tips Needed

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Gaynes
Used F900 Shopping - Helpful Tips Needed
on Jun 2, 2008 at 8:09:12 pm

Thank you Creative Cow Community for any/all help you may be able to provide.

I've been shooting freelance for a company that does HD for a few years now but since my only gigs were from them, I never felt comfortable taking the plunge and buying a rig. Now I'm ready to pull the trigger and even have an informal "hold" on a supposedly light wear F900H that my rental house used and wants to turn over. What would be considered "low hours" for an F900H (or any broadcast camera) and this is perhaps a tricky followup but is there some kind of specific way of pricing a used F900H depending on the number of hours it's been used? I guess I'm asking a larger question which is how does one truly determine a fair price in this transaction? It's not like we have a Kelley Blue Book we can run to.

Many thanks,
Dave

Return to posts index

john sharaf
Re: Used F900 Shopping - Helpful Tips Needed
on Jun 2, 2008 at 8:31:25 pm

Dave,

there are a lot of the original F900's on the market, mostly because the replacement F900R is so much better (smaller, lighter, more features, etc.). This is not to say that you can't make great HD pictures with the older camera. There are even some new, in the box units, b-stock with full warranty and many low mileage owner-operator units around. I'd be particularly careful of a rental company camera, not that the mileage would really be the issue, but that you can never know what type of use or abuse it's had. The rental company owner can honestly claim ignorance about this too, as he wasn't necessarily there when the use occured.

I might be able to hook you up with a NIB unit if you want to contact me off list.

Regards,

JS

john at sharaf dot net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]