FORUMS: list search recent posts

SD signal to monitor

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steve sullivan
SD signal to monitor
on May 29, 2008 at 8:23:41 pm

i am trying to get a sd signal out of cam in order to do steadicam or use a SD monitor . i can't seem to get signal?

stevenmaui

Return to posts index

john sharaf
Re: SD signal to monitor
on May 29, 2008 at 8:58:26 pm

Steve,

We'd like to help you, but you haven't indicated what camera you're using; some cameras like the F900R Cine Alta (which is the namesake of this forum) only have SD downconvert with the addition of an option card. Others like simply require the proper menu setting for the output spigot (video out or test out). If you have set the menu correctly and still no output, check the monitor.

JS

Return to posts index

steve sullivan
on May 30, 2008 at 2:19:29 am

aloha js
the camera is a sony xdcam ex camera. monitor is good. i have SD chosen on YPbPr/SDI Out Select menu option. i'm baffled

stevenmaui

Return to posts index

john sharaf
on May 30, 2008 at 2:53:20 am

Steve,

I'm not familiar at all with the EX1 but the manual on page 111 says that (counterintuitively) that the YPbPr/SDI setting should be "off:" to get analog composite sd out. Otherwise ("On") must be SD-SDI. Try this.

JS

Return to posts index

Scot Lenter
on May 30, 2008 at 2:16:40 pm

Steve,
Are you trying to get SD SDI out? If so, select SD on the YPbPr/SDI out selection and make sure the YPbPr/SDI out display is on.

If you are trying to get analog component or composite out, ser YPbPr/SDI to off and make sure video out display is on.

Scot Lenter
Midtown Video
Miami, Florida
Service Manager
Rental Agent
305-669-1117

Return to posts index

steve sullivan
on Jun 10, 2008 at 12:18:47 am

mahalo to js and scott. i finally was able to see an analog signal to monitor when i switched YPbPr/SDI out select to "Off" . i came out of the a/v port. Video Out Display is set to "On"
thanx again!
aloha
steve

stevenmaui

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]