FORUMS: list search recent posts

Who has the EX cam in stock and availble to sell?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
GaryAlan
Who has the EX cam in stock and availble to sell?
on Nov 28, 2007 at 5:33:33 pm

Looking for info on who might have the the Sony EX cam in stock and available to sell in the US. I know there are a few dealers that have ordered more cameras from Sony than what they have taken in pre orders. Also, some people may cancel their pre order for some reason and I am willing to buy today if possible from a rep dealer.

Gary

Mac Pro Intel Quad, 2GB RAM, 30" Apple Display
MacBook Pro 17" matte screen, 2GB RAM

Return to posts index

Bruce
Re: Who has the EX cam in stock and availble to sell?
on Nov 28, 2007 at 6:53:00 pm

As far as I know the EX1 is not in the market place yet. Who will be the first to have one and in which country?

Return to posts index

Felix Halter
on Nov 28, 2007 at 8:52:46 pm

They were scheduled for the end of November here in Switzerland but I just got the message that they are postponed to January. This might be the date for the rest of the world too because there are no PAL or NTSC models necessary anymore.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 29, 2007 at 1:39:16 am

The first people in Europe started getting them around Nov 19. One person in the USA that I know of got it on Nov 21. Several people have been getting them in US and Europe since Monday of this week.

It seems far far far fewer cameras shipped then are pre ordered. My own dealer got two, their show camera and one rental unit. I'm number 3 (next) on the list. I was told the end of next week or the beginning of the following. (Dec 7 or 10). Other have reported also hearing mid December.

I think the reason you, and others, are hearing January, because it'll probably take all of December to fill the pre orders.

But clearly from what my own dealer has said. Rental units are available (but I can imagine those are being/have been rented very quickly).

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
on Dec 1, 2007 at 7:36:41 am

Just today my dealer told me 7 cameras next week and 25 the following week. I'm #8. I even tried a bribe. No go.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
Sony EX-1 on the way.

Return to posts index

Carlos Manuel
on Dec 1, 2007 at 3:55:43 pm

TM television in Dallas has a couple of units. They took one out of the box for me to see. I played with it for a litle while and was very impressed with this litle giant. They'll let me take one for a test drive on Monday. I can't wait to see the results and compare it to my F900.

Carlos Bido
Acento Media

Return to posts index

GaryAlan
on Dec 4, 2007 at 1:31:35 am

Thnaks for the replies.

Mac Pro Intel Quad, 2GB RAM, 30" Apple Display
MacBook Pro 17" matte screen, 2GB RAM

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]