Sony HDW-F900/3 'CineAlta' HDCAM

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cow
Timmy898
Sony HDW-F900/3 'CineAlta' HDCAM
on Apr 10, 2007 at 11:38:23 am

Hi,

My name is tim, i am a young filmaker getting ready to make a film, so far i have narrowed the camera i wish to use to the Sony HDW-F900/3 'CineAlta' HDCAM.

I was hoping that people might be able to sway me one way or the other about it, and if not warn me about things to be aware of wwhen using this camera

Any help is much appreciated

Cheers,

Tim

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Paul Thurston
Re: Sony HDW-F900/3 'CineAlta' HDCAM
on Apr 14, 2007 at 2:17:51 am

Hi Tim,

I would suggest you thoroughly read the user manual and the maintenance manual #1. This will greatly help you get fine results. It is highly important that you tryout the camera and see the results in a large HD monitor.

The camera can be over exposed to around two f-stops, but underexposure is somewhere near four f-stops. Things that may be underexposed (appearing really dark in the viewfinder), may end up looking not dark at all, once observed in a well calibrated HD monitor.

Regards,
Paul

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
Re: Sony HDW-F900/3 'CineAlta' HDCAM
on Apr 16, 2007 at 11:22:15 pm

You might want to have someone come in and do your initial setups. We shot two feature films in 2005 with a F-900/3 and never touched a setting beyond the first day. We set up scene files with a daytime exterior, night exterior, an interior with sunlight streaming in and a room that was all tungsten lit. We know the camera inside and out and could have adjusted it constantly but after this initial setup day, we only switched the built in scene files.

The only thing we changed later was when the director decided that one scene would look better as a day for night, which we did in post. Had I known earlier, we probably would have done a set up for that.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona

It's a dry heat!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]