FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony 900 locked in auto audio input?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Smith
Sony 900 locked in auto audio input?
on Dec 19, 2006 at 10:36:01 am

Is there some kind of menu option in the 900 that overrides the manual/auto audio input selector? During a run and gun shoot the other night my sound guy had his two wireless receivers coming in mic level, and he was getting proper level when sending tone from his mixer with the camera's inputs set at about 1 on the dial. I mentioned that and he agreed it was pretty odd. Later I went with the camera mic for awhile so he set one channel on auto and the other on manual. No matter where we dialed the manual one, the levels on both channels remained identical. I couldn't find anything in the menus but I'm not very familiar with this camera. Anyone know where such a setting might be?

Thanks,
David

Return to posts index

Tom Piozet
Re: Sony 900 locked in auto audio input?
on Jan 3, 2007 at 8:08:23 pm

via rear inputs on F900 set to "manual" if level is -20db at approx. "1" on dial then its most likely you running too high a level from the outputs of your receivers whether you are using line or mic level... so adjust accordingly the output level of your receivers. If you don't have variable level capability better use in line attenuation (pads)...

as far as the FRONT input level control on F900 goes - you can not control the manual level on the rear knobs. you must adjust level by using the "rotary encoder" knob (same knob that navigates menu settings) on bottom front of camera body. activate this by hitting the "cancel" toggle switch on side of camera and then an on-screen level display will appear in Viewfinder. Automatic setting employs a gated limiter and works pretty well for most back-up sound "camera mic" applications...

Return to posts index

David Smith
Re: Sony 900 locked in auto audio input?
on Jan 7, 2007 at 2:24:47 am

Thank you Tom, good information.

Regards,
David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]