on Apr 30, 2006 at 10:58:14 pm

Hi

As sombody unable to go to NAB it be great to have any feed back on Sony

Return to posts index

Paul Thurston
Re: Why have nobody mentioned Sony
on May 1, 2006 at 7:51:45 am

Here's more data:

It theoretically will be ready in December 2006, but will be made available in USA around February 2007. The news that it will be shown at NAB 2007 is accurate.

The camera head + SRW1 is designed to operate at 24 volts DC (not 12VDC.) The camera head has three 2/3 inch CCD's. The "product" was shown at the CineAlta night event and was subsequently shown at the NAB show floor.

There is no official name for this camera head + recorder yet.

I was told that the sesitivity of the camera head would be improved but that the design team still had no firm specs yet. There will also be a new remote control box for the "product" but that the other RMB remote control products would work with it too. The new remote box will be a scaled down version of other RMB products.

Other folks got a more detailed account of the "product" so I hope they join us here to talk about what they learned then.

Regards,
Paul Thurston
Chile

Return to posts index

Michael Lindsay
on May 2, 2006 at 3:28:01 pm

Hi Paul

Was there a buzz about the camera from sony??

Since I shoot mainly in europe I'll probably not be able to get access to the camera for some time ...

Any more info would still be interesting....

thanks

Michael

Return to posts index

cow
Paul Thurston
on May 4, 2006 at 9:35:33 pm

Hi Mike,

I was told that this "product" was going to be similar to the Panavision Genesis product but that instead of one CCD imaging chip, would have three. The CCD's would also be in 16:9 aspect ratio rather than 3:4 as the Genesis. The camera has the processing part (that normally accompanies the SRW1 recorder) incorporated into the camera head.

We'll have to wait till February 2007 to hear if Sony delivers or not.

-Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]