COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Bravin
F900R announced
on Dec 17, 2005 at 7:16:16 pm

Paul

I heard my Bat Phone ring ;-)

The F900R as talked about in the Michael's Two Minute Drill on line

http://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/new_read_post.cgi?forumid=126&postid=...
Or, click on the following link to view the entire thread.
http://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/new_read_post.cgi?forumid=126&postid=...

was in deed announced at Band Pro's Media Forum in conjunction with our One World on HD open house this last week. Thanks to the 500 or so attendees to the open house and the 40+ media and journalists who attended the Media Forum the day before. We had lectures demos, facility tours and screenings for the media leading up to our year end event One World on HD. We do the open house every year as our year end party and a thanks to our family of clients.

John Scarcella, President of Sony US announced what we have known about for several months, the F900R. This is basically the same imaging and processing as the F900. It was necessitated by the international agreements to remove lead (primarily in the solder) from the manufacturing process. The F900 R will be built on the HDW 750/730 chassis so it will be a slight bit shorter and smaller. It will be a bit lighter also.

The imager is identical the DSP will have some slight improvement as it is newer technology. I suspect a bit quieter but I do not believe it will be more than 12 bits, this still remains unanswered. It will have standard HDSDI output with the same options as the 750, i.e. SDI/composite down converter option, Slow Shutter option and Cache board option. The 50 pin on the back will be there (unlike the 730S) so Miranda and Evertz acc will still work. Sony is positioning this as a refinement to the 900 platform thus the "R" designation.

These cameras will be available post NAB and will follow-up as F900s sell out. This is not a model replacement per-se just more features on a very successful platform. Kinda of an

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]