FORUMS: list search recent posts

Frosty weather and Cinealta

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
AlexGoluikh
Frosty weather and Cinealta
on Oct 29, 2005 at 12:58:33 pm

Can You advice me the optimal Fan mode on CineAlta F900 on frosty (-10, -15 C) weather? After working about 6 hours, camera switched off spontaneously and doesn't switchs on. Symptoms - panel with timecode does-not switches on, in viewfinder shown only grey area. No picture on control monitor.

Thank's for any advice.

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
Re: Frosty weather and Cinealta
on Oct 29, 2005 at 6:05:47 pm

Sounds like the DC to DC converter. If you are a technician, remove all power, pull the large cover off of the tape side of the camcorder, look near the rear of the camera and you will see a shiny metal box. See if it is loose. If so or even if not, unplug it and plug it back in. Sony did not build in a holder for this item and it could have shaken loose. Make sure it's in it's slot securely and repower the camera.

This has happened to me twice. I now have a rubber pad inside the cover which keeps light pressure on the converter.

There are also a dozen (14) boards on the switch side of the camera that could have come loose, but not likely.

If it's a rental camera, call the emergency number that came with the unit.

Also, ALWAYS turn the power switch OFF before changing batteries or power connections. It has a built in buffer which prevents power surges.

Good luck
Steve Wargo

Return to posts index

Michael Brennan
on Oct 30, 2005 at 6:31:23 pm

Did you hear the fan run at high speed before it switched off?

By and large HD cameras getting too cold hasn't been a problem so far, so I would look for the more everyday issues as Steve has indcated.

Lets us know how you get on.

Mike Brennan

Return to posts index

RobOday
on Nov 14, 2005 at 4:46:11 pm

It may not be the same thing BUT, today when I went outside with the HVR Z1E, i had a battery that said around 70mins time left...was outside for a few mins and it just shut down and wouldn't start up again...swapped the battery and it was fine.
get a scarf for the batteries :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]