FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creative Cow Coverage of HD Camera Technology at NAB

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM Optical Disc & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Thurston
Creative Cow Coverage of HD Camera Technology at NAB
on Apr 22, 2005 at 4:17:07 pm

For Scott Evans,

So Scott, what happened to the information you where going to ask about regarding Panasonic and Sony? I didn

Return to posts index

Scott Evans
Re: Creative Cow Coverage of HD Camera Technology at NAB
on Apr 22, 2005 at 10:13:42 pm

Paul,

I've spoken with a senior exec at Sony regarding the 14-bit A/D processing you mentioned and which was reported in hdforindies. He says that such talk is pure speculation. Time will tell.

Anyway, as you know, for 14-bit conversion to have any value, it would require lower noise image sensors. In my opinion, that would be the real story. :) I can tell you for a fact that Sony management is keenly aware of the importance of latitude and low light performance. They know it is one of the reasons why their cameras are seeing such widespread adoption in Hollywood.

Regarding your questions on the coverage. I can tell you the mission evolved very quickly. The Creative Cow and its members are so good and fast at disseminating press information, it is difficult to perform a value added service by being 10 minutes faster or even filing the same information the same day. In fact, the camera companies post their press information online at the start of the press briefing. Someone sitting at home on the computer can file a report faster than someone at the event.

So what is it that we did do?

We have long interviews and discussions with key people in the industry. These include:

Interview Jan Crittenden, Panasonic
Interview senior Sony Executives
Interview on CineAlta Workflow and aesthetics, with Marvin Rush DP on Star Trek Enterprise
Interview and 'scoop' on new camera with prominent DP

The interviews are being transcribed right now and will be posted soon.

Thank you for your comments.

Scott Evans
nab_report@yahoo.com
Reporting on HD Camera Technology from NAB-2005

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]