FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need to the best way to improve our streaming class broadcasts

COW Forums : Telestream Wirecast

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Mizzell
Need to the best way to improve our streaming class broadcasts
on Apr 8, 2014 at 5:08:47 am

For the past couple of years we have been broadcasting our classes to the web using Wirecast and Streamingvideoprovider.uk. All we have been doing is just broadcasting the video from our classes and now I want to improve a key part of the class experience. It seems certain that all the tools exist, I am just not sure which ones would be best.

So far I have been doing all the math problems on a white board and the camera just zoomed in as I solved them on the board. Now I want to get the solutions animated and someone has suggested using Adobe Acrobat and animating the text solving the math problems. I want those animations to be a screen input that during class we broadcast both in the class to a projector and simultaneously to the webstream using Wirecast.

It seems that Telestream's Desktop Presenter in some way would make this work. I have 2 MacBook Pro Retina notebooks with SSD drives and 16 GB RAM. So, while I know all of this should be able to work, i am not sure how to connect the pieces of the puzzle together.

The video equipment is a Canon XH-A1 and Canon XF-300. The XF-300 streams to the computer via the Blackmagic Intensity Extreme HDMI to Thunderbolt connection and the XH-A1 via the firewire port. As I understand it the firewire export explains why there is a video lag when we switch to that camera view, but if there is not someone speaking we do use it as an alternative video view. I am seriously thinking about another XF-300 with blackmagic box to get the 2 sources synchronized.

A question I would have about DP is if I use it on one MBPro to broadcast the presentation to the other computer running Wirecast - how do I get them together? As best I could figure out on the users guide the 2 computers need to be on the same network.

Anyhow, I am anxious to improve the presentation both in our class and to our web audience. Ideas are appreciated.

Thanks
George

George Mizzell
The SupermagnetMan

and Owner of AllPencilsDown - helping students with Math and Science on standardized tests.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Need to the best way to improve our streaming class broadcasts
on Apr 8, 2014 at 1:27:20 pm

Yes, Remote Desktop Presenter can send either the entire screen or a targeted window to the Wirecast computer over the same network. Wired Gigabit Ethernet is best. Wireless may have a lower frame rate. Keep in mind they'll be some latency as well. Usually just a second or so. Wirecast recognizes Desktop Presenter as a camera source. Just add the shot. Make sure you don't have a firewall.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]