FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using GH3 as ip Camera in Wirecast

COW Forums : Telestream Wirecast

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andre van Berlo
Using GH3 as ip Camera in Wirecast
on Mar 25, 2014 at 11:13:16 pm

I was wondering if it is possible to use the GH3 as an ip camera. I haven't been succesful yet to determine the ip address of my GH3 but maybe someone knows if it could be done or not.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Using GH3 as ip Camera in Wirecast
on Mar 25, 2014 at 11:41:38 pm

Panasonic GH3?
Have you looked at wifi setup in the camera's manual?

Return to posts index

Andre van Berlo
on Mar 26, 2014 at 8:20:14 am

Hey Craig, thank you for the fast response!

yes I have checked the manual and i've also found the menu item where I can find the MAC address and ip address of the camera. Strangely enough there is no ip address, or maybe it is assigned upon connection.
I've seen a thread at personal-view.com where you can control your GH3 from a browser. One of the things is to know the ip address of the GH3 but I can't figure that part out.

As there is an ip camera function in wirecast I was hoping to use the GH3 as an ip-camera (using its live view) but maybe that is asking too much of the GH3.

I'm loving wirecast though! Setting it up with new mac pro and 3 gh3's + 3 black magic ultrastudio mini recorders.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Mar 26, 2014 at 2:47:06 pm

I'm sure if you dig you'll find the secret.
Personally, I found the IP address that GoPro uses to send video to its iPhone app and have brought that in to Wirecast which is http://10.5.5.9:8080/live/amba.m3u8
That's the address plus the HTTP Stream Playlist.

There must be an equivalent for the GH3.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Mar 26, 2014 at 2:49:38 pm

I see mention of it here

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/6703/control-your-gh3-from-a-...

GH3 IP address discovery

If you're not directly connected to the wifi ssid provided by the GH3, As @Vitaliy_Kiselev pointed out, you need to know the ip address of the GH3 to use the web remote, and find/replace all the "192.168.0.1" in the "requests.html" file with the IP address of the GH3. There is a way to make that automatic : make the application able to mimic the SSDP protocol behavior, which imply UDP and multicast... Or you can do a port scan (on port 50001) on all the machine in the same subnet as your machine, but you have to retrieve your subnet.

Anyone interested in coding this is very welcome (I'm afraid Javascript will not be a good tool to determine your own subnet...)

Edit v04 : I've managed to discover the GH3 IP address using Java, but I need to make a few changes in the web page to provide the ability to the end user to read it on the Java window title, and write it down on a text field of the web page.

Return to posts index

Andre van Berlo
on Mar 26, 2014 at 2:58:57 pm

"If you're not directly connected to the wifi ssid provided by the GH3, As @Vitaliy_Kiselev pointed out, you need to know the ip address of the GH3 to use the web remote, and find/replace all the "192.168.0.1" in the "requests.html" file with the IP address of the GH3. There is a way to make that automatic : make the application able to mimic the SSDP protocol behavior, which imply UDP and multicast... Or you can do a port scan (on port 50001) on all the machine in the same subnet as your machine, but you have to retrieve your subnet."

Yes this is what I found in the first place but it is kind of like chinese to me. Are they saying I need to do a port scan on port 50001 on my mac? I guess I have some homework to do as I'm a total nitwit when it comes to all these wireless protocol things.
I'll check personal view and ask around!

Return to posts index

Andre van Berlo
on Mar 26, 2014 at 6:31:18 pm

i've been able to get the ip address but no luck getting video. I think this camera is designed to be hooked up to lumix link only

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Mar 26, 2014 at 7:13:09 pm

Unless they're doing something proprietary you may not have all the info you need.
The GoPro needs the http playlist info, for example, not just the IP address.

Return to posts index

Andre van Berlo
on Mar 27, 2014 at 7:11:40 am

Your comment makes me realize something, all i did was punch in the numbers, but I didn't put http:// in front of it!

I'll take a longer look at it this weekend, I guess it ain't over till its over :-)

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Andre van Berlo
on Mar 26, 2014 at 2:50:27 pm

Thanks Craig, I'll dig a bit deeper! I'll see if the guys at personal-view.com can give some insight, when I find out i'll post it here!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]