FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best way to use Wireacst with New Livestream

COW Forums : Telestream Wirecast

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuck Pullen
Best way to use Wireacst with New Livestream
on Jan 23, 2014 at 5:18:52 pm

I was absolutely floored when I learned that the only way to use new Livestream is by using their equipment, and you "cannot" use Wirecast.

I am wondering what the ideal work around for this would be?

My thought is that I upgrade to 5.0, take an SDI out, convert it to HDMI, and feed their portable encoder?

I hate having the extra gear and being forced to use the Livestream Broadcaster, but I love Wirecast too much to switch to Livestream Studio.

Chuck

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Best way to use Wireacst with New Livestream
on Jan 23, 2014 at 5:52:21 pm

[Chuck Pullen] "I was absolutely floored when I learned that the only way to use new Livestream is by using their equipment, and you "cannot" use Wirecast."

Or anything else for that matter. Not even Adobe FMLE. Their software is a resource hog as well. This limitation is the biggest reason I'm not happy with New Livestream. Add the lose of their online "Studio" and the requirement that free accounts, although ad free, forces the viewer to sign up and, in my experience, MANY people do NOT want to offer that information.

There are workarounds regarding software though.

[Chuck Pullen] "My thought is that I upgrade to 5.0, take an SDI out, convert it to HDMI, and feed their portable encoder?"

That would certainly work. Even Wirecast's External Display Output can work if you have HDMI out and can patch the computer's audio out separately.

Wirecast Virtual Camera Out has worked as a source for their free software but recently some are reporting issues with that as well.

I'm just plan not happy with New Livestream.

If you stick to their free Livestream for Producers or buy their switching software I'm sure it's fine though. Their switching software, last I checked, I felt was far more limited than Wirecast. You can use Tricaster with New Livestream as they have a plugin for that.

Return to posts index

Chuck Pullen
on Jan 23, 2014 at 6:24:15 pm

[Craig Seeman] "I'm just plan not happy with New Livestream."

Amen to that brother!!!

I have gone to bat for Wirecast several times with Livestream sales now, and I have flat out told them that I will continue to use Wirecast as part of my workflow so they had better figure out how to make it work!

The issue I am running into however, is that my clients want to upgrade from an ad-supported channel to a premium channel, but we cannot justify spending $350 a month for occasional streaming. "New" Livestream has a $50 package that seems perfect for most of my clients.

[Craig Seeman] "
That would certainly work. Even Wirecast's External Display Output can work if you have HDMI out and can patch the computer's audio out separately."

Working in broadcast, I am very particular about lip-sync, I would think that solution would throw sync way off?

Chuck

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jan 23, 2014 at 6:36:42 pm

[Chuck Pullen] ""New" Livestream has a $50 package that seems perfect for most of my clients."

Look at DaCast
http://www.dacast.com/streaming-pricing-plans.html
or TikiLive
http://www.tikilive.com/upgrade

[Chuck Pullen] "[Craig Seeman] "
That would certainly work. Even Wirecast's External Display Output can work if you have HDMI out and can patch the computer's audio out separately."

Working in broadcast, I am very particular about lip-sync, I would think that solution would throw sync way off?"

I know of people using it without issue (at least they haven't reported sync issues).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]