FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wirecast or not for live production?

COW Forums : Telestream Wirecast

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jeff heywood
Wirecast or not for live production?
on Nov 5, 2013 at 7:51:36 pm

I'm bouncing between wirecast built system and blackmagic stuff. To me it seems on the positive, wirecast is much more flexible on the sources. To the negative, a lot rides on your computer performing well.

At it's simplest I'm looking at live-streaming public lectures. Generally one cam, one PPT output, and a feed off a mixing board.

More complex I could see bringing in other sources IP cams are a possibility and occasionally using it for multi-camera google hangout setups.

We'll be live streaming to youtube. Does wirecast make sense for us?

I can see all the features but I imagine some of it is hardware limited.

Also I need to know if I have video coming from one camera, and audio coming from a mixing board, will sync be an issue?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Wirecast or not for live production?
on Nov 5, 2013 at 8:13:18 pm

[jeff heywood] "I'm bouncing between wirecast built system and blackmagic stuff. To me it seems on the positive, wirecast is much more flexible on the sources. To the negative, a lot rides on your computer performing well.
"

Wirecast works with Blackmagic stuff.
You still need a computer to perform well with Blackmagic.

[jeff heywood] "At it's simplest I'm looking at live-streaming public lectures. Generally one cam, one PPT output, and a feed off a mixing board. "

Which Wirecast can handle easily.

[jeff heywood] "More complex I could see bringing in other sources IP cams are a possibility and occasionally using it for multi-camera google hangout setups."

Which Wirecast can do.

[jeff heywood] "We'll be live streaming to youtube. Does wirecast make sense for us?"

Google seems to think so.
http://www.telestream.net/wirecastforyoutube/cb-landing.htm
They mention it specifically. After all there's a version specific to them including Wirecast Play for YouTube which is free
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2907883?hl=en

[jeff heywood] "I can see all the features but I imagine some of it is hardware limited. "

Or to put it another way. Software itself is not limited. Get the hardware you want and expand as needed.

[jeff heywood] "Also I need to know if I have video coming from one camera, and audio coming from a mixing board, will sync be an issue?"

It depends on the sources (signal path, video decoding). Wirecast Pro has audio sync delay of up to one second.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]