FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question for Craig Seeman

COW Forums : Telestream Wirecast

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Gage
Question for Craig Seeman
on Oct 18, 2013 at 4:47:35 am

Craig,

Hopefully, this is a good way to reach you. (I figured it was either this one or the Debate forum.)
--

I read a review of yours at BH video for:
Blackmagic Design UltraStudio Mini Recorder Capture Device
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=NavBar&A=getItemDetail&Q=...

You said:

"I'm using it with Telestream Wirecast on 2011 MBP to live stream. I can also record to ProRes, which is much better than bringing in the encoded AVCHD or XDCAM EX codec, for higher quality Post workflow."

I'm considering picking up one of these to use my Canon S100 Vixia as a better quality webcam for Adobe Connect and/or GoToMeeting. I'm not sure considering the logistics of what you can do with Adobe Connect 640x480 SD it would make much of a difference, but what interested me about what you said was that you "can also record to ProRes".

What program are you recording directly to? I don't own it, but know of ScopeBox. It doesn't seem like there would be a way to record directly into QT 10 or QT 7 in ProRes.

Thanks,
Dave

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Question for Craig Seeman
on Oct 24, 2013 at 1:07:25 am

I'm using Wirecast to record since I'm recording the switched feed.

You can certainly use Blackmagic Media Express which comes free with the MiniRecorder if you just want to go straight to ProRes and bypass the camera codec. BTW this is the "tape" workaround for FCPX as well. Feed the Tape deck intp BMD MiniRecorder and record in MediaExpress to ProRes and you'd then have your tape input/recording to ProRes for editing in FCPX.

Return to posts index

Dave Gage
Re: Question for Craig Seeman
on Oct 24, 2013 at 2:24:36 am

[Craig Seeman] "
You can certainly use Blackmagic Media Express which comes free with the MiniRecorder"

Cool. That sounds like a good plan. It seems like a pretty good deal for $137.

[Craig Seeman] "BTW this is the "tape" workaround for FCPX as well. Feed the Tape deck intp BMD MiniRecorder and record in MediaExpress to ProRes and you'd then have your tape input/recording to ProRes for editing in FCPX."

That sounds good too. I guessing you mean input via the SDI connection. I can't think of anything I own that has that connector type, but I suppose there'd be an adapter for it. What "tape" source(s) are you using it for? I have an old Canon GL1 (sitting in mothballs), but even that is FW.

Thanks,
Dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]