FORUMS: list search recent posts

wirecast + hangout

COW Forums : Telestream Wirecast

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joe glam
wirecast + hangout
on Oct 11, 2013 at 2:16:14 pm

Hi, I try to explain my needs, in the hope that someone can help me.
I read many posts and part of Wirecast documentation, but I'm not pretty sure about the feasibility of my workflow.

My mission is broadcasting online a sort of tv show of this kind:
-There will be 1 studio location with two people talking (2 camera point) that sometimes during the broadcast will show what happens in 5 different location of the country (5 more camera) and sometimes will show to viewers pre-registered video contributes.
I'd like to have 720p videos at 25fps, the sync between audio and video in absolutely necessary.

I was thinking to use Wirecast for youtube + google hangout.

I'll be in the studio, with Mac Pro + Wirecast for you tube, where I'll menage my 2 camera signals (through Black Magic capture card) and pre registered videos. I'll use my wirecast as virtual camera, to make a conference call with other 5 people via google hangout. Other people will show me what they are shooting with their cameras and sometimes I'll switch to their stream.
(They also will have a camera connected with Mac with a capture card).
Is this workflow correct and reasonable, in your opinion?

I'm planning to use google hangout because it's a cheap way to realize this, but if you know a better way please suggest me anything.
About the feasibility of this, do you think I can manage all those streams with 10Mbps from my Mac Pro?

Thank you in advance,
Joe

Return to posts index

joe glam
Re: wirecast + hangout
on Oct 16, 2013 at 7:11:47 am

No one can give me some advice?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: wirecast + hangout
on Oct 16, 2013 at 1:45:43 pm

So basically you'd be using Google Hangouts Live on Air feature to stream to YouTube?
It's not clear because you may be missing things from your description.

From your description, Wirecast with Virtual Camera would be just one of several sources in Hangouts. That would work. I'm not crazy about the Live on Air feature since you can't schedule and event like you can when going to an authorized YouTube channel. This makes it harder to promulgate a live stream beforehand. You can direct people to your Channel but there's no pre-generated link.

There may be other ways to do what you're doing but you may need to describe what your goals are.
After all, you could use Skype Group Vide Conference, which is inexpensive, and bring that in as a Source into Wirecast with Desktop Presenter and stream to whatever CDN you want.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]