FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to set up 2 mini-recorders into Wirecast

COW Forums : Telestream Wirecast

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joel matthew
Trying to set up 2 mini-recorders into Wirecast
on Sep 28, 2013 at 10:19:12 pm

I've got this setup for a livestream event coming up. Latest version of OS X for the iMac, latest version of Wirecast, and also Blackmagic Desktop express.

Camera 1: Panasonic AF-100 .... HDMI cable .... Mini-Recorder ... Thunderbolt ... iMac (2013) ... Wirecast.
Camera 2: Panasonic AG-HPX-170 ... SDI cable ... Mini-Recorder ... etc.

I get my HDMI camera set up fine, but can't do the SDI camera. Is that because the Blackmagic setup in Preferences can only choose one format, not two? In Preferences, I have to choose HDMI or SDI.

The interesting thing is that even if I choose the SDI in that Preferences panel, I can't get the SDI connection to work with Wirecast.

Thank you for any suggestions

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Trying to set up 2 mini-recorders into Wirecast
on Sep 29, 2013 at 2:16:08 am

Always include version numbers. You wouldn't believe the number of people who say "latests" and don't know that they've missed updates.

Always check in Media Express first when using Blackmagic input devices. If Media Express doesn't see it then you have to check that camera settings are compatible with Blackmagic.

Return to posts index

joel matthew
Re: Trying to set up 2 mini-recorders into Wirecast
on Sep 29, 2013 at 2:19:16 pm

Okay, I'm using Wirecast 4.3.1; Blackmagic_Desktop_Video_Macintosh_9.7.8; OSX 10.8.5

I've been using Media Express and finally got the HDMI on the same page, so the video showed up, but can't get the SDI connection....
What about my question about Blackmagic Preference -- since I have to set that for my computer, if I set that for HDMI, how can Media Express also see an SDI connection?
Do I need to have 2 HDMI camera connections? (Rather than 1 HDMI and 1 SDI)?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]