FORUMS: list search recent posts

New to Wirecast

COW Forums : Telestream Wirecast

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nate Stephens
New to Wirecast
on Sep 23, 2012 at 3:09:52 am

Howdy folks, I am new to Wirecast and in the process to ascertain wether it will work for my clients training project. So I am spending my saturday night searching the forums for info.

I downloaded Wirecast 4.2. I have one HVX200 and one HPX170.

At the moment I have the HVX200 working on Wirecast with my Kona LHi component in 720p/60.

Using Final Cut Pro 7, I can see the HVX also on the firewire port using Capture now. Is there a workflow to also get a second camera on the firewire port so I can switch between 2 cameras. Firewire Camera one and the Aja camera 2?

Do you have a recommendation for an upload sit. Ustream does not want to play friendly at the moment.

FCP, Mac Pro, Mac Book Pro, HPX500, HVX200, Betacam, Dvcam
Write for the Edit, Shoot for the Edit, Edit.....KISS Principle

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: New to Wirecast
on Sep 26, 2012 at 2:10:25 pm

[Nate Stephens] " Is there a workflow to also get a second camera on the firewire port so I can switch between 2 cameras."

Only if the camera manufacture implemented firewire control that can handle it. Most cameras take over the bus or conflict with other camera on the bus.

What the solutions are depend on which specific Mac model you're using. It can involve adding some sort of Firewire to something adaptor to add an additional bus. Otherwise there's HDMI or HD-SDI input devices which will give you much better quality.

Return to posts index

Ben Marquis
on Oct 1, 2012 at 9:24:33 pm

We use an 21.5" iMac running Wirecast to stream our church services. We have two FW devices running on the single FW800 bus of the iMac. 1st device is a GrassValley/Canopus Twinpact 100 A/D Converter to push out lyrics and scripture verses and the second is an HPX170. Both devices are visible and we can switch between the two. I haven't researched multi-port FW hubs two run two cams but thought I would share our experience with you.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Oct 1, 2012 at 9:37:36 pm

Grass Valley ADVC is the one device that people report is consistently behaved on the Firewire bus. Give credit to Grass Valley (or the Canopus predecessor) for such good implementation. I hear many people use two GV ADVC-55 devices on one bus.

Two camera would be a problem. Very few if any can be run two on a bus. Most camera manufactures don't implement as Grass Valley has done apparently. At best you may get random failures. At worst, it may not work at all. Wirecast warns against doing this in the User Guide I believe.

Return to posts index

Dirk Pepperd
on Dec 21, 2013 at 2:52:10 am

Ben,

I have a HPX-170 that I am pulling my hair out trying to bring it into a Macbook Air 2011 version. I am using the SDI out through a Black Magic UltraStudio Mini Recorder > thunderbolt into the laptop.

I have tried every conceivable setting you can imagine and can't get that camera to show up as a source in WC 5 Pro. Since you have been using the same camera I was hoping you could please share some of the special sauce with me!

Thanks!

Dirk Pepperd

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Dec 21, 2013 at 3:17:06 pm

Update OS to 10.8.5 or 10.9.1
Update Wirecast to 5.0.1
Update Blackmagic driver to 9.9.3
Repair Disk Permissions.
Reboot.

Check camera in Blackmagic Media Express first.
If you don't see it there then it's your camera settings or your Blackmagic driver settings.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]