FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wirecast 4.1.3 crashes

COW Forums : Telestream Wirecast

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Brame
Wirecast 4.1.3 crashes
on Apr 7, 2012 at 1:27:43 am

Trying to remain calm...

Haven't used Wirecast since 4.0.1, and I updated to 4.1.3 for a show that I'm doing in May. Everything was going well, built all of my shots, then left the studio for a bit. Came back, and BAM! - Wirecast crashes on opening. And yes, the show is in May, but I'm scheduled to present a live demo for the client tomorrow morning. How timely for problem! Since my camera sources is a BlackMagic Intensity Pro card, I've read about the issues, and have emailed support for 4.1.2, but if I don't hear from them in time for me to give my demo tomorrow - AFTER rebuilding the shots - does someone have a copy they could send?

Wirecast 4.1.3
OS - Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Service Pack 1
Motherboard - ASUS P5Q3 DELUXE
CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
Memory - 4096 MBytes
Graphics - NVIDIA Quadro FX 3700 (295.73 driver)
Blackmagic Intensity Pro (9.2 driver) composite input

Thanks in advance

-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
Re: Wirecast 4.1.3 crashes
on Apr 7, 2012 at 1:48:48 am

Well, nevermind, I guess.

I was able to open Wirecast with an old project file, which opened and converted to the new version, but also let me change the setting to not automatically open the last project when starting. I can now start Wirecast to a blank project, but interestingly enough, when I then open the project that was seemingly causing the crash, that project opens fine.

-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Wirecast 4.1.3 crashes
on Apr 11, 2012 at 9:39:00 pm

Interesting. I know old projects cause crashes and there's also reports of crashes around Blackmagic cards for some people. They're working on a fix. Good to hear you got it going though.

One of the biggest changes in 4.1.3 is USB handling and Source settings. It will detect and give you specific frame size options for many sources rather than the previous reduced and native. There's also a feature that will detect what's on what USB bus so you can manage your USB bus bandwidth. As a result, some people are easily using USB webcams like Logitech C910 and Microsoft Lifecam Studio in 1080p mode at 30fps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]