FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wirecast hangs up while loading

COW Forums : Telestream Wirecast

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuck Pullen
Wirecast hangs up while loading
on Dec 12, 2011 at 8:09:39 pm

My Wirecast has been hanging up on "loading video" while loading. Any suggestions as to what this might be?

Chuck

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Wirecast hangs up while loading
on Dec 12, 2011 at 9:37:03 pm

It can be any of a score of reasons. Please list your complete specs, sources, software versions and I can narrow it down.

Return to posts index

Amy Wood
on Dec 21, 2011 at 4:12:42 pm

I am having the same issue Chuck. Any resolution?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Dec 21, 2011 at 4:58:58 pm

Sorry but it's hard to offer help if you don't provide details. There's scores of reasons this can happen and, given how many people are using Wirecast without this issue, it's generally a problem with your config.

Return to posts index

Chuck Pullen
on Dec 21, 2011 at 5:13:42 pm

I feel like my issue is with Logitech, any chance you are using one or more Logitech web cameras with Wirecast?

Craig, It seems that the issue popped up after the latest Wirecast update. I was thinking of rolling back to see if that might be it.

Chuck

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Dec 21, 2011 at 5:47:59 pm

You can role back but I'd like to report the issue to Telestream. They'd need to know the cause to fix the bug.

You should remove all peripherals (drivers and related software as well, I know, a pain) and add them back one at a time after each reboot and see what happens. Of course if you think it's a webcam, start with that. I'm using both a Logitech C910 and a Logitech Quickcam Vision Pro (which is a modified 9000) and both, even at the same time, don't cause any crashes for me.

Return to posts index

Amy Wood
on Dec 21, 2011 at 6:16:55 pm

As a matter of fact I am using a Logitech C910. What are you using? I am using Wirecast Pro 4 as well

Return to posts index

Chuck Pullen
on Dec 21, 2011 at 6:46:07 pm

I'm also using a C910 as well as a Quick cam. I've tried using more than two webcams, but the Wirecast (and the system in general) becomes unstable. I know that if you manually close the Logitech camera control program before booting Wirecast, it seems to load eventually, but with the program open, it seems to always hang up on “loading video”

Chuck

Return to posts index

Amy Wood
on Dec 21, 2011 at 6:48:30 pm

What are your system specs?

Return to posts index

Chuck Pullen
on Dec 21, 2011 at 7:03:12 pm

I think it is a 64-bit Windows 7 machine, with an i7 940 processor, 12 GB of Ram on an ASUS board, I’ll have to check on the graphics card, but I think it is a decent GeForce. Basically it’s a powerhouse that should have no problem handling this, so it’s definitely got to be a driver issue with the Webcams. I know that I have a similar issue with my home machine and Sony Vegas not loading when my Logitech webcam is plugged in.

Chuck

Return to posts index

Amy Wood
on Dec 21, 2011 at 7:15:12 pm

Your machine should have no issues at all. Definitely enough power. I am in the process of removing all peripherals, and I will let you know if it works. Thanks for your help so far. I am new to the board and the business, so hopefully this will help me. I know from some past experience Logitech can cause nightmares with driver issues.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Dec 21, 2011 at 7:58:41 pm

I've tested C910 using Wirecast 4.1.2 on Dual Quad 2.8GHz Xeon (that's 8 core), 8GB RAM, ATI(AMD) Radeon 5770 (1GB VRAM), Mac OS 10.6.8 and Windows 7 Pro 64bit without issue other than the webcam shows as 4x3.

Keep in mind that HD Webcams tend to use a lot of USB bandwidth so two or more camera or devices on the same bus can result in problems . . . but that generally wouldn't cause a crash. One or more items on the bus may not be recognized properly.

Return to posts index

Amy Wood
on Dec 21, 2011 at 8:01:37 pm

I just ordered a Microsoft LifeCam Studio webcam to see if that makes a difference. So far, still no luck.

Return to posts index

Chuck Pullen
on Dec 21, 2011 at 8:08:35 pm

I agree with you Craig about it possibly being a bus issue. But also, yes that shouldn’t cause it to hang up while loading, and once it does load, Wirecast runs flawlessly (sometimes I have to coax the webcams to come up though)

Chuck

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Dec 21, 2011 at 8:18:21 pm

Try the remove all peripherals and drivers process (I know tedious) and see if that helps.
I should mention that I didn't install any of the software or drivers off the disk that came with the C910. I let Windows find the drivers online.
One thing one should be aware of specific to Wirecast is that since it's a real time switcher/compositor it has to see all sources simultaneously so any kind of bus or driver contention can create an issue. That's why I'm thinking in that direction especially if you're not having problems with the webcam and other software.

Return to posts index

Amy Wood
on Dec 22, 2011 at 6:22:43 pm

Installed the Microsoft LifeCam Studio webcam and Wirecast works fine.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Dec 22, 2011 at 6:41:34 pm

So it would seem the Logitech drivers are conflicting with something.
It's not a universal problem because there are many people using the C910 on Windows systems. I do think downloading the drivers and avoiding what's on the CD install disks can help to avoid some problems.

Return to posts index

Amy Wood
on Jan 4, 2012 at 8:15:23 pm

Hey Chuck,

How did you make out with this?

Return to posts index

Chuck Pullen
on Jan 12, 2012 at 7:30:38 pm

Nothing good I’m afraid Amy. Wirecast gets hung up on an almost hourly basis. Even when it does load, the two Logitech cameras usually go blue or red after a few minutes. I am going to completely wipe the system this weekend, running as light as possible, and taking Craig’s advice on the Logitech install. I will advise next week.

Chuck

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]