FORUMS: list search recent posts

Several Cubes

COW Forums : Telestream Wirecast

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eyad Hamam
Several Cubes
on Dec 7, 2011 at 9:36:35 pm

Hi, Just read about Wirecast's integration with Teradek Cube. Seems like a really great set-up.
As I understand it, one can simply hook up a camera to the Teradek via HDMI or SDI, send the signal directly to a laptop via a local WiFi network, and Wirecast sees this as just another video signal. Is this correct?

If this is correct, does anyone have an idea on how many streams of video over wifi a laptop can comfortably "decode"?
In other words, can I have 3 or 4 cameras hooked up to 3 or 4 Cubes, all streaming to Wirecast over a wifi network without any decoders except for the laptop?

thanx

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Several Cubes
on Dec 7, 2011 at 10:03:08 pm

It may depend on external conditions. Outdoors without interference would work better than in trade show will all sorts of obstacles. Distance has impact as well.

Return to posts index

Eyad Hamam
on Dec 8, 2011 at 5:51:47 am

Hi Craig. Thanx for the reply.
So in theory it is possible but Cube needs line of site to the laptop...

wow...

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Dec 8, 2011 at 6:14:09 am

[Eyad Hamam] "Cube needs line of site to the laptop..."

Absolutely not nor did I say that. Optimal is not "need." Like any wifi device it depends on the conditions. Have you ever used wifi? It's the technology. It's no different than if you use it in your home or anywhere else. Distance, obstructions, interference are all variables that impact performance.

Return to posts index

Eyad Hamam
on Dec 8, 2011 at 6:30:20 am

yeah. I've used wifi but I'm not very knowledge about the technology that goes into it. I thought there may be a different implementations of it.

But I get what you're saying: performance depends on conditions.

I'm assuming that dedicated decoders follow the same WiFi rules?

Just to explain: What I'm planning on doing is hooking up the decoders to an Atem TV Studio from Blackmagic-design and running that into wirecast via sdi to firewire conversion.
But if I can stream directly to the laptop, it's a nice option to have. Then I'll just record the high quality footage onto the camera cards in case I need a HQ master.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]