FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wirecast 4.1.2 and Lion?

COW Forums : Telestream Wirecast

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob O'Hearn
Wirecast 4.1.2 and Lion?
on Dec 2, 2011 at 1:07:59 am

I am having serious issues with playback quality on iPhones and iPads. The video quality is seriously pixelated and the screen turns dark green. I had it working fine at a test run two weeks ago but something has changed. At first it wouldn't recognize my cameras. I am using 2 Grass valley HD 50s for my HDMI connections. I repaired my disk permissions and got them back. Don't know whether the issue is coming from Wirecast, Lion or Livestream. Any clues?

Bob O'Hearn

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Wirecast 4.1.2 and Lion?
on Dec 2, 2011 at 1:15:59 am

You should use Baseline Profile for the time being. There seems to be an issue with Wowza servers that Wowza has fixed but not all those using Wowza servers have updated. I've seen this issue with Livestream and believe they are using Wowza servers and have informed them.

Return to posts index

Bob O'Hearn
on Dec 2, 2011 at 1:50:01 am

Craig,

Thanks very much. Very helpful.

Bob

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Dec 2, 2011 at 1:56:57 am

I and a few others contacted Telestream when we experienced this and some thought it might be Wirecast but apparently Wowza needed to make the change. Of course that leaves us at the mercy of those using Wowza servers to use the update with the Wowza patch. I contacted Livestream as I have a Premium channel so I hope that expedites it. Livestream is a big cyber place though so who knows how they handle rolling out server updates. Fingers crossed.

Return to posts index

Bob O'Hearn
on Dec 2, 2011 at 3:01:50 am

Yeah, my fingers are crossed. The baseline setting worked fine. I am not a compression expert but how does baseline impact streaming?

Bob

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Dec 2, 2011 at 3:50:06 am

[Bob O'Hearn] "how does baseline impact streaming?"

In basic terms it makes decoding a bit easier but lowers quality a bit also. It's a compromise. It can reach more devices though. Main Profile only works with iPhone 4, 4s and iPads, not earlier iPhones, iPod touches nor most Android phones and tablets.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]