FORUMS: list search recent posts

Connection Question?

COW Forums : Telestream Wirecast

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Larry Zapotocky
Connection Question?
on Nov 16, 2011 at 3:48:32 pm

I have a client that wants to do a live audio and video teaching seminar along with Power Points and also wants the ability to interact with the people on the other end. It will be in SD.

I was looking at Telestream Wirecast and have some questions:

What type of ISP connection do I need to keep the streaming from being delayed or "jittery."

What type of laptop or computer do you recommend?

Where/how do I send the stream so people on the other end can interact with him?

I'm using a Panasonic HVX-200 cam and Sennheiser mics.

Sorry if this is alot of questions, but I'm new to streaming.

Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Connection Question?
on Nov 16, 2011 at 3:55:40 pm

[Larry Zapotocky] "What type of ISP connection do I need to keep the streaming from being delayed or "jittery." "

That depends on your settings and what your viewers can handle. You should want double the upstream speed that you're using for headroom. You can get away with less but I'm cautious.

[Larry Zapotocky] "What type of laptop or computer do you recommend?"

The fastest you can get. CPU/GPU impact encoding.

[Larry Zapotocky] "Where/how do I send the stream so people on the other end can interact with him?"

It depends on what you mean by "interact." Many CDNs include text chat. On the other hand you can use video conference services but there may be more limits on audience size given the bandwidth needs.

[Larry Zapotocky] "I'm using a Panasonic HVX-200 cam and Sennheiser mics."

Depending on what you want will determine your input cards. The best are HD-SDI.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]