FORUMS: list search recent posts

Macbook Pro specs for Wirecast HD streaming

COW Forums : Telestream Wirecast

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Mommsen
Macbook Pro specs for Wirecast HD streaming
on Oct 19, 2011 at 12:11:44 pm

I will be purchasing a Macbook Pro for live streaming events. I plan on using a Canon HFS200 connected via HDMI to Blackmagic Intensity Extreme to MBPro via Thunderbolt.

Looking at the 2 configurations on Apple.com it seems like you pay an extra $400 for a 2.2 GHz quad core processor from 2.0 GHz quad core and a 750 GB HD from 500 GB. I don't much care about the HD space but am interested if you think the CPU will make a substantial difference for streaming.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Macbook Pro specs for Wirecast HD streaming
on Oct 19, 2011 at 3:22:54 pm

If you're talking about the two 15" MBPs the big difference is not the CPU but the GPU. Given that Wirecast uses the GPU I think the more expensive version will be worth the price.

If you do a stream and in Wirecast Preference, disable GPU compression, you may see the CPU% go up significantly.

Keep in mind that if you use Desktop Presenter at all on the same computer you may find that any apps you're grabbing are also using the GPU.

Of course if you really think you're going be doing simple one camera streaming you may not notice the difference as much.

Return to posts index

Richard Mommsen
Re: Macbook Pro specs for Wirecast HD streaming
on Oct 21, 2011 at 11:59:11 am

Thanks very much Craig. I decided to go with the faster CPU/GPU.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]