FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't get USB webcam to work

COW Forums : Telestream Wirecast

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Banacka
Can't get USB webcam to work
on Sep 29, 2011 at 12:20:56 am

Hello, try before you buy, thanks for the free demo trial they offer. I am having issues with a source device.

Hardware that won't load in wire cast is a Logitech HD 9000 webcam (USB)
I have NO issues viewing this device with logitech software, xsplit, vdub, skype, or a number of other basic programs.

On wirecast I go to add the device, and a black screen/preview is displayed, during a broadcast the display is black.

If I try and open up the webcam with any other software while wirecast is on, the software states the hardware is being used by another program, meaning wirecast IS accessing the webcam.

If i use the webcam in another software, then try it in wirecast it tells me the device is being used by other software, meaning wirecast IS detecting the hardware just fine, but for some reason not displaying it.

Things I have done so far...
- Used goolge, i was linked to this site to post http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/260/337
Appears to be same problem.
- Changed webcam options to different resolutions
- Changed capture device size option in wirecast as well as the deinterlace option.
- Updated drivers
- Restarted computer
- Reinstalled wirecast
- Reinstalled webcam drivers
- Removed all USB devices from machine other than keyboard (even went without mouse)
- Changed which ports webcam was plugged into.
- Installed wirecast onto laptop

So far my only solution is not a good one, it is to use xsplit to capture the cam, then use xsplit as a source on wirecast, this works just fine but xsplit is a CPU hog and I am pushing the limits of my computer by adding that unneeded step to the process.
If anyone has another program that will act as man in the middle, please suggest one. I was hoping vdub will work but no such option that i could find.

I can post PC specs, webcam report and anything else if needed.
Any answers/questions would be helpful :)

Return to posts index

Christopher Banacka
Re: Can't get USB webcam to work
on Sep 29, 2011 at 3:59:52 am

Logitech HD 90000 pro:

USB Vender ID (VID): 0X046D
USB Product ID (PID): 0X0809
USB Revision (BCD): 0X0010
Firmware Version: 5.0.1161
Firmware CRC: 0x46B5
EEPROM ver: 2.140
Sensor type: 2.6
Driver ver: 13.30.1394.0

CPUz and and Core Temp status:
http://i52.tinypic.com/viedd2.jpg

Return to posts index

gord hannah
on May 3, 2012 at 2:22:57 am

I am having the exact same issue. BUT last night my logitech camera worked fine. I shut down wirecast rebooted the computer....and now its back to not working...extremely frustrating. The camera is fine, it works livestream procaster and the other webcam software I have. Any solutions yet??? please email me if you do gord.hannah@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on May 3, 2012 at 2:46:37 am

Wirecast has been updated with a lot more detail and support for USB devices and webcams.

Please update to Wirecast 4.1.3.
Please use Wirecast Sources/Show USB Sources to loot at USB bus assignment.
Please move to another bus and or lower the frame size if you get a USB bus bandwidth warning.

Return to posts index

Rob Papen
on Apr 30, 2014 at 8:01:08 am

Hello,

Same problem here. Using Ustream Producer Studio. (Telestream software)
No picture (black screen) with Logitech HD Pro Wecam C920.

Unlucky, Ustream has very bad support. After sending 5x a support ticket I did get finally a reply. Most likely because I demanded a refund.
So what I requested a refund at Telestream and now they only give a partial refund because it is a few weeks ago.

The Logitech Webcam works here on 'all' software included the free 'OBS' software. Except with Telestream (which is behind WireCast, Ustream Producer desktop software).

I gave up and will search for other software for streaming. Most likely will use the free 'OBS' sofware.

The support Telestream is very bad.
The webcam worked with the older software and the latest version has simply this bug.

So my 2cent.
Try out the demo version and if the webcam does not show up, check other software to stream.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 30, 2014 at 3:28:21 pm

I apologize for you bad experience but I can say with certitude that the Logitech C920 works with Telestream developed streaming software. The number of people using the C920 with Wirecast and Producer is very large. Telestream products have great flexibility so perhaps it wasn't set up properly.

Return to posts index

Rob Papen
on Apr 30, 2014 at 4:17:17 pm

Hi,

The webcam has the last software and 'shows up' everywhere, except for the Telestream software. (Ustream Producer / Wirecast).

So nothing wrong in my system, but inside Telestream.

Before I purchased, I just did check this it was version 2.0.4 which did work. After running 5.0.2 (Ustream Producer) it stopped working.

I requested a refund also because of the 'lack' of answering support questions (Ustream).

Sorry to say, but I have very bad taste in my mouth with this Ustream support. You pay for the software and they simply do not answer support questions and can't help.

I will check UstreamProducer 2.0.4 because the installer is still on my computer. Most likely it will not install because of the newer version. But I can try.

Rob

Ps. did download and try the Xsplit broadcaster and also there the webcam simply shows up.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 30, 2014 at 4:42:03 pm

[Rob Papen] "Before I purchased, I just did check this it was version 2.0.4 which did work. After running 5.0.2 (Ustream Producer) it stopped working."

You must be using 5.0.2 or 5.0.3. The C920 was not supported in earlier versions.

[Rob Papen] "The webcam has the last software and 'shows up' everywhere, except for the Telestream software. (Ustream Producer / Wirecast)."

Wirecast may require a different setup. It has much better webcam control than many other programs since it detects the webcam's settings and codecs. Logitech's own software may interfere with Wirecast so you must uninstall all Logitech software.

Again the C920 does work as there are a very large number of users using it.

[Rob Papen] "I requested a refund also because of the 'lack' of answering support questions (Ustream)."

That may be the case with Ustream support. If you buy from Telesteam you'll very good support.

[Rob Papen] "I will check UstreamProducer 2.0.4 because the installer is still on my computer. Most likely it will not install because of the newer version. But I can try."

You HAVE TO use version 5.

Return to posts index

Rob Papen
on Apr 30, 2014 at 4:57:37 pm

Hi,

The version I installed is 5.0.2
And as said, inside 2.0.4 it worked.

In Ustream Producer Studio, The webcam shows up / listed and the microphone show up also (audio).
Only 'black' screen is appearing from the webcam and nobody has an answer to this.

Telestream does the refund and because I requested it after 4 weeks I get partial refund.
As if I can help that 'Ustream' does not answer support emails!!!!

I requested refund from AVANGATE and Telestream did answer.
Don't mention that they have good support, because that is not the case!

I am a software developer myself and we help out customers or refund if it does not work.

Rob

Return to posts index

Rob Papen
on May 1, 2014 at 9:30:02 am

Hi,

Included me, there are 3 people in this section that have black screen with their webcams inside Telestream software (Ustream Producer, WireCast).

Reply of the support section of Ustream:
'here it works, so it is not a bug'

Well, let me tell you 'Ustream' and 'Telestream'. If the webcam does not have any black screen in 'all' other software on this planet I did test... it means it is a bug.

Unbelievable

Return to posts index

Rob Papen
on May 17, 2014 at 9:01:08 am

Hi,

I finally got a refund from the Telestream/Ustream guys.

Maybe in the future they get rid of this bug and I will keep an eye on this in case of an update of Wirecast or Ustream.

Will check not the OBS screen capture software.
The webcam works, but audio is an issue since music program is used and combination is not always possible

Rob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]