FORUMS: list search recent posts

Licensing Question for Craig

COW Forums : Telestream Wirecast

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuck Pullen
Licensing Question for Craig
on Apr 29, 2011 at 3:54:58 pm

Hey Craig thanks for all of the help thus far. A new one cropped up today. We are looking at building a redundant system for disaster recovery, maintenance, etc… at our studio. Is there any sort of price break or deal on a second copy of Wirecast to the same end-user?

Thanks again,

Chuck Pullen

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Licensing Question for Craig
on Apr 29, 2011 at 4:55:28 pm

Wirecast can be licensed on two machines for just such purpose. That means your backup machine can be ready to go live immediately.

Return to posts index

Chuck Pullen
on Apr 29, 2011 at 6:58:39 pm

So I should be able to say for instance run Wirecast on system "A" in studio "A", and then have System "B" running simultaneously in studio "B", so I can have a smooth handoff between streams using my Livestream Studio Console?

When I was setting up a second computer for a test, it said that the license is already in use? I think I may have some other licensing issue since we upgraded from 3 to 4?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 29, 2011 at 7:36:16 pm

If you have a third machine licensed that might be an issue. There's a deactivation feature in preferences for just such purpose. Deactivate on the third machine and in about 15 minutes you can activate another machine. Make sure you don't have a third machine activated that you might have forgotten about or wiped the hard drive (or crashed) without deactivating. That can eat a license. Telestream folks would then need to deactivate the licenses remotely.

Return to posts index

Chuck Pullen
on Apr 29, 2011 at 7:43:28 pm

That's most likely the problem. Machine "A" was underpowered, so I upgraded some things which allowed me to switch to 64 bit. I never deactivated before I did the fresh install, assuming it wouldn’t be an issue.

What’s the process for the deactivation?

Thanks again, you’re the best!

Chuck Pullen

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 29, 2011 at 7:49:50 pm

Fill out this form and ask for remote deactivation. You'll need to give them name, email you used for purchasing and serial number. They'll deactivate and get right back to you so you'll be able to activate two machines again.
http://www.telestream.net/telestream-support/wire-cast/contact-support.htm

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]