3 questions

COW Forums : Telestream Wirecast

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anthony Faulkner
3 questions
on Apr 29, 2011 at 4:24:13 am

I have a few questions about wirecast.

EX3 720p30 > SDI > MAtrox LE > PCIE MPB 10.6.7 Wirecast 4.01

1) Is it possible to make more master layers? Or is there some way to put in folders inside the layers that I could open in certain sections of my broadcast? or even color code files in the layers so they can be quickly and easily visually separated?

2) I run an SDI out through a Matrox LE but when it comes into wirecast it seems to come in as a separated audio and video feed. That is fine but it swallows up two of my layers or is there some way to run the two feeds in one layer?

3) I made some short H.264, 720p program breaks with music and audio, when i play them they play fine on broadcast but in the computer the audio is breaking up. Is there a better codec and size to be bringing them into wirecast as?

thanks for any help

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: 3 questions
on May 13, 2011 at 10:19:11 pm

[anthony Faulkner] "1) Is it possible to make more master layers?"

When you can have 7 layers per shot in each of 5 master layers, that gives you 35 layers. You can certainly use shot layers for 7 layer deep compositing and use master layers to store shots but with no limit to the number of shots on a layer and you have 5 master layers, that's plenty. Keep in mind you can also save Wirecast projects as well.

[anthony Faulkner] "2) I run an SDI out through a Matrox LE but when it comes into wirecast it seems to come in as a separated audio and video feed. That is fine but it swallows up two of my layers or is there some way to run the two feeds in one layer?"

You use 2 shot layers for video and audio and that is just a single shot in the Master Layer which includes both video and audio.

[anthony Faulkner] "3) I made some short H.264, 720p program breaks with music and audio, when i play them they play fine on broadcast but in the computer the audio is breaking up. Is there a better codec and size to be bringing them into wirecast as?"

H.264 can be a challenge for some computers to decode especially when Wirecast must be ready decode multiple simultaneous for real time compositing. Generally I find Apple Intermediate Codec or Apple Pro Res good choices.

Return to posts index

anthony Faulkner
Re: 3 questions
on May 16, 2011 at 9:01:06 am

Thanks for the reply. I can see there was a simple step that I was missing in the layer creation.

That makes it a little easier to organize. Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]