FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any possibility or solution?

COW Forums : Telestream Wirecast

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob O'Hearn
Any possibility or solution?
on Feb 2, 2011 at 10:02:09 pm

I have a rather large corporate presentation coming up in a few weeks that I will be Wirecasting (4.01) using Livestream. It is a company quarterly update and will need password protection. We have embedded the code on our web page with a chat widget and it looks and plays fine. We spoke with Livestream today and all they can protect is the Livestream page. The client doesn't want to use their own intranet site because it has so many firewalls that it would probably impede performance.
So my question is: Is ther anything that can be done inside of Wirecast that can prompt the viewer for some type of login or password?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Any possibility or solution?
on Feb 2, 2011 at 10:19:51 pm

Wirecast is just sending the stream.
LIvestream Premium allows password protection on their site.
A good web designer/backend person should be able to build in password protection for a webpage.

Ustream's Watershed has security features as well.
https://watershed.ustream.tv/product/overview/product_highlights

Security - Watershed offers an unparalleled number of privacy options including: having the stream reside behind an authorized user authentication process; locking the stream to a specific URL; password-protecting the stream; limiting viewing to users with (or without) a specific IP address; limit the maximum number of viewers at a given time; easy to use functionality allows the Watershed Administrator to control these settings

Return to posts index

Bob O'Hearn
Re: Any possibility or solution?
on Feb 2, 2011 at 11:34:59 pm

Craig,

As always, thanks for your quick and informative response.

Bob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]