FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Ex-1 hook-up

COW Forums : Telestream Wirecast

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Fortin
Sony Ex-1 hook-up
on Nov 1, 2010 at 11:51:47 pm

Trying the Wirecast demo. Want to hook up my Sony EX-1 to my MAC Pro 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon.

Do I use the HDVi iLink out to firewire in on the MAC?

Or do I use the USB out?

Is there a document or tutorial that shows how to set this up?

when connecting to my MAC Pro, under the hardware info it shows the camera on the firewire connector. But I can't see it in either Wirecast or in Ustream.

Can anyone offer any help or links to where I should find this information?

Thanks,

David

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Sony Ex-1 hook-up
on Nov 2, 2010 at 12:24:24 am

USB is only for data transfer.

Ustream's own interface does not accept HDV.

Wirecast with HDV plugin (additional purchase) will work. Wirecast has an easy setup for Ustream.

I use Matrox MXO2-LE HD-SDI in from EX-1 to Wirecast to stream to Ustream.

Return to posts index

David Fortin
on Nov 2, 2010 at 3:06:57 pm

Craig,

Thanks for the reply. I've been messing around with it this morning and I hooked up the AV Out from the EX-1 into a Panasonic DV deck. I hooked the DV out of that deck into the firewire of the MAC Quad-Core and the camera came up on the Ustream Producer inputs. So it looks like I can stream the event this way. It's 4x3 out of the EX-1, but that's okay for this event.

Now I just have to learn the ins and outs of using Ustream. I will check out their support site.

Thanks again for the input.

David

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 2, 2010 at 3:19:44 pm

BTW if you're going that route and wanted to free up the deck, you might consider getting a Grass Valley ADVC-55. It takes Composite (and S-Video) in and sends out DV firewire.

HDV can be overkill for Ustream free account although you can do that with Ustream Producer Pro or Wirecast with HDV plugin.

Also you might try using the free Ustream Producer given the route you're going. It'll make things a bit easier than using Ustream's interface. It's also made by the some people who do Wirecast.

http://www.ustream.tv/producer

Return to posts index

David Fortin
on Nov 2, 2010 at 3:07:36 pm

Craig,

Thanks for the reply. I've been messing around with it this morning and I hooked up the AV Out from the EX-1 into a Panasonic DV deck. I hooked the DV out of that deck into the firewire of the MAC Quad-Core and the camera came up on the Ustream Producer inputs. So it looks like I can stream the event this way. It's 4x3 out of the EX-1, but that's okay for this event.

Now I just have to learn the ins and outs of using Ustream. I will check out their support site.

Thanks again for the input.

David

Return to posts index

David Fortin
on Nov 2, 2010 at 3:31:00 pm

Craig,

Yes. I found the Ustream Producer this morning. That's what I was messing around with when I got the camera hooked up. This event is for a non-profit, so we're trying to do it with as little outlay as possible.

Do you know if Ustream has a time limit on live events? The event we're trying to stream actually lasts for 24 hours.

Thanks again for your input.

David

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 10, 2010 at 12:30:10 am

[David Fortin] "Do you know if Ustream has a time limit on live events?"

No time limit at all. Given they make money on advertising I'm sure the longer you're on and the more viewers you get the happier they are. I'm not sure if their server has a record duration limit if you're using it. Livestream, for example has a limit of 5 hours and then you have to start another record. I haven't tested going over that in Ustream.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]