FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wirecast with IOHD

COW Forums : Telestream Wirecast

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Mack
Wirecast with IOHD
on Jan 28, 2009 at 3:27:09 am

Craig,

I'm stoked! I downloaded the trial and connected my IOHD and my Z-1 via HDSDI and a Miranda converter. It worked seamlessly. One thing I noticed was that there was about a 2 second latency. Is that normal? Also I configured for DSL/Cable H264. It was a little jumpy I have to play a little more and wil post my results. Also, The IOHD has 2 HDSDI inputs. They are both supposed to be live. I'm going to see if this works with a t cam shoot tomorrow. This would allow me to use wirecast as a switcher with 2 streams off my IOHD>

Any comments?
Jeff

Return to posts index

Jeff Mack
Re: Wirecast with IOHD
on Jan 29, 2009 at 1:47:55 am

Well the second SDI is not live. I can however toggle my IOHD control panel between sdi 1 and two. It is a pretty clean switch. Well now question is, how about sharing the encode settings for H264. I wasn't pleased in the preview or the save to hard drive.

Jeff

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Wirecast with IOHD
on Feb 17, 2009 at 4:48:22 pm

It's hard to share settings because each person's streaming circumstances may be different. Keep in mind you're looking at a one pass real time encode rather than a 2 pass or multipass encode one do in a compression app.

You need to know your server capacity, your viewers' internet connection, their computer's ability to decode the H.264 stream in real time. What might look great on the send side might look like a bad slide show to the viewer.

Higher data rate can improve quality, small frame size can increase the bits per pixel, lower frame rate can increase the resolution of frames at the cost of decreased temporal resolution. What works for a Power Point presentation on a LAN might not work for a Soccer (Football) game sent to thousands on slower DSL lines.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]