FORUMS: list search recent posts

Internet speed Vs window size

COW Forums : Telestream Wirecast

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anthony Faulkner
Internet speed Vs window size
on Dec 12, 2009 at 6:17:10 am

Hi there,

I am looking into getting a live stream set up. doing a one camera shoot through a lap top running wireacst. What are my minimum up and down speeds for viewing the different window dimensions? Is there anywhere where I can see a comparative list? Before I submit my proposal I'd like to know what is possible.

ideally id like to use one of these. Am i dreaming?

1280x 720
or
1920x1090

Assuming I have the video streaming to certain locations with a garaunteed line speed, Is it possible to simultaneously send out another stream of a smaller size to a general home user audience?

Or would i be better to record the stream and delay the presentation till after the heavier stream has completed?

Thanks for any input

Anthony Faulkner

Return to posts index

Daniel Yuna
Re: Internet speed Vs window size
on Dec 16, 2009 at 10:58:12 pm

Hi Anthony,

Streaming at those resolutions - 720p HD (1280x720) or 1080p Full HD (1920x1080) you will generally need an upload connection of 2.5Mbps-4Mbps to produce an end result that looks good. Your viewers will need 1.5 times that speed to ensure smooth playback.

So - It is possible, but challenging.

You can definitely use Multi-Bitrate streaming to supply a low/high quality stream based on the end-user's connection speed. I believe the feature is available in WireCast.

Daniel Yuna
NetroMedia
Streaming Provider & Host
http://www.netromedia.com/

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Dec 16, 2009 at 11:48:44 pm

720 might be passable at 1.5mbps but Daniel is correct.

Wirecast can send multiple streams but make sure you have the upstream bandwidth to do that.

Return to posts index

anthony Faulkner
on Dec 18, 2009 at 2:11:50 am

Thank you for your input.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]