FORUMS: list search recent posts

Insert edit without a second machine

COW Forums : Sony SRW Decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Wirth
Insert edit without a second machine
on Apr 28, 2009 at 7:02:23 pm

Equipment is a Sony SRW5500
I want to do an audio insert edit from a Protools unit chasing TC from the 5500 (Protools unit doesn't have controller software).
Followed all the directions to set up an audio edit but the machine won't let it happen. Seems like it wants to see another 9pin machine, maybe?
Can't find anything in the manual or online.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Richard

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
Re: Insert edit without a second machine
on Apr 30, 2009 at 5:12:16 pm

Here's what I would do. Feed LTC from the SRW to your Pro Tools (Sync I/O?). Set Session Setup to Internal reference. Click the Online button (in transport) and Pro Tools should lock to incoming LTC. The session must be at the frame rate of your tape. Now, at the machine, arm the audio tracks you want to insert. Make sure they are set for AES input (if that's what you're sending). If you know the in/out points for your edit, you can type them in on the keypad at the machine. Type (for example) 01000000 then hit SET, then hit IN. This should program the in point for 01:00:00:00. Do the same steps for setting OUT. Make sure AUTO button is lit. Then you can perform the edit just by pressing REC. It should shuttle the tape to the preroll point and punch in and out automatically, with your Pro Tools locked.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]