FORUMS: list search recent posts

Insert Timecode on Sony HDW2000

COW Forums : Sony SRW Decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Davidson
Insert Timecode on Sony HDW2000
on Feb 14, 2013 at 12:56:38 am

I'm going from FCP to the HDW2000, trying to modify pre-existing timecode on an already time coded & mastered HDCAM tape. You'd think after ten years I'd know how to do this in FCP. I think I recall FCP DOESN'T SEND TC (like a generator would) to decks.

The HDW2000 can restripe the TC w/ an long insert edit, but I'm not having luck with the menus. Anyone know this answer?

David Davidson
Managing Director
solventdreams, llc

Return to posts index

David Davidson
Re: Insert Timecode on Sony HDW2000
on Feb 14, 2013 at 1:59:20 am

A major tape company said you can't insert timecode w/o redoing the whole tape, meaning it's not possible to insert edit TC only--even if from a TC signal generator into the deck. Their solution was a new dub from the tape w/ a timecode offset. If that's true, which I don't believe, tapes more archaic than I thought.

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
Re: Insert Timecode on Sony HDW2000
on Feb 19, 2013 at 6:02:51 pm

[David Davidson] "A major tape company said you can't insert timecode w/o redoing the whole tape"

A major tape company is wrong. The operations manual says you can insert TC independently of any audio/video. Here are the relevant sections:

For automatic editing, regardless of the TCG (F1) and PR/RGN (F2) settings, time code is recorded continuously from the previous time code recorded on the tape.

Using setup menu item 610, it is also possible to record time code according to the settings in the function menu.

Item 610 - REGEN CONTROL MODE

Select whether or not the time code is automatically regenerated.
AS&IN: In automatic editing carried out in either assemble mode or insert mode with this unit as the recorder, regardless of the settings of F1 (TCG) and F2 (PR/RGN) in function menu page 1, the time code generator regenerates according to the time code on the tape.
ASSEM: In automatic editing carried out in assemble mode with this unit as the recorder, regardless of the settings of F1 (TCG) and F2 (PR/RGN) in function menu page 1, the time code generator regenerates according to the time code on the tape.
MANU: Regardless of whether this unit is the recorder or player, the time code generator operates in accordance with the settings of F1 (TCG) and F2 (PR/ RGN) in function menu page 1.
FULL: Whether local or remote and regardless of the settings of F1 (TCG) and F2 (PR/RGN) in function menu page 1, when any of the ASSEMBLE, VIDEO, CH1 to CH4, CUE and TC buttons is lit, the time code generator regenerates according to the time code played back from the tape.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]