FORUMS: list search recent posts

SRW-5800 Deck - Only Seeing 8 Channels of Audio rather than 12

COW Forums : Sony SRW Decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Evans
SRW-5800 Deck - Only Seeing 8 Channels of Audio rather than 12
on Jun 15, 2012 at 1:20:55 pm

Hey guys,

I'm currently working on a tape deliverable, using an SRW-5800, problem we seem to be getting is that if we crash record for striping, all channels are picked up fine, when we come to master the tape, it over ever sees 8 channels of audio.

In terms of setup we have the Mac Pro connected up by the Decklink Extreme 3D+ to the deck with SDI, rs-422 and ref.

The stream is 1080 @ 23.98, and does play back fine, and we get all of the usual control and playback you would expect.

Thinking that there would be a cable or something that might be a problem we have tried the following:

- Replacing every cable in the workflow
- Trying Media Express and FCP
- Tried it with a completely different system (an MBP with Ultrastudio 3D / Lacie TB drive - same result)
- Had the deck swapped out for another

We've also tried the various settings for the deck as well, the tape is to be mastered at 4444, but as a test we have tried to play out a previous deliverable that we know 100% worked fine, but this also has the same issue so I'm at a loss.

If anyone has any insight please let me know! We are currently trying to use Avid now, but not having much luck on that front.

If there is any additional information you would like please let me know!

Best,

Dave.

Return to posts index

Dave Evans
Re: SRW-5800 Deck - Only Seeing 8 Channels of Audio rather than 12
on Jun 15, 2012 at 1:59:02 pm

Just to update peoples on this...It would appear that the issue is with inserts rather than assembling. If you assemble edit then it will take all 12 channels, if you insert it will only take the first 8.

That isn't to say you can select a random 8, the last 4 channels are just completely ignored..

Return to posts index

Dave Evans
on Jun 15, 2012 at 2:43:33 pm

I seem to be answering all of my own questions here..but as I'm working towards the answers I might as well let you know!

It appears that through remote I can't insert edit more than 8 channels of audio. You can do it manually on the unit so for deck to deck it would be fine, but appears you can't when playing out to tape from Mac.

Of course there could be more to it than that but I have a deadline to work to. If anyone else has any additional input for this I'd love to hear it.

Cheers!

Dave.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Jun 15, 2012 at 4:07:30 pm

Never had a problem outputting 12 channels to 5500.

Check your FCP sequence setting so make sure you have 12 channels enabled.
Check your deck control (RS422 Easy Setup configuration) to make sure that there are 12 channels enabled.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]